Building techniques?

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jan 1, 2013 5:45 PM

Hi I am new to knitting (like a few dishcloths and a hat ) but I have high hopes for myself I have poked around and saved a ton of patterns I am hoping to try one day but I was hoping to get some suggestions on items and patterns to try to develop my skills :)

thanks in advance!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 1, 2013 10:24 PM

Hi Ellie,

If you have a lot of patterns choose the one you like the most and try to knit it. That is the only way you will learn to knit. If you have further questions, you can come back to ask for help and you'll get it. Try to choose something you will use, so you can feel encouraged.

Enjoy your knitting!!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 6, 2013 7:55 PM

Hi too,

Whatever you feel you are up to - you will probably surprise yourself in what you can accomplish.  For myself, I use the Vogue International Knitting magazine to inspire me.  I also look at patterns on line and pictures of what others have accomplished.  I read that one of the posters who joined one of the KAL's had done her first jacket and when she put up her pic, it was marvelous to see what she accomplished for herself.  I think she mentions that she was going to give it to her grandmother and then make another for herself.  Just keep those high hopes!  Yes 

As Merlich mentions you can always ask for help.  Hi Merlich!  How are you doing today? 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS