Teen Knitting Inspiration

This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Lexalex wrote
on Jan 3, 2013 9:17 AM

Hello! I'm a teen knitter and I would love to meet more teens out there who knit! 

I blog about what I knit here: http://lexalex-lexa.blogspot.com

I also have an Etsy store where I sell what I knit: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LexaLex

I want to help show other teens that knitting is cool! :) Let me know what you think. 

Alexa

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
on Mar 30, 2013 7:03 PM

Hi Alexa,

I love your idea!!! I'm a young knitter too (I'm not in my teens; I'm in my twenties) - and I don't even know anyone close to my age who knits. I'm thoroughly impressed by your motivation and productivity - when I was a teen, all I did was hang out with the wrong people and get into trouble: what a waste of time when I could have been knitting myself a whole wardrobe of coolness. (Which I really needed, because my wardrobe sucked.)

I've just checked out your supercool blog too - I like your style! Ok, here is how you might be able to promote knitting among other teens:

1. Tell everyone about your blog. Neighbours, cousins, etc.
  2. Maybe even print some flyers for your blog and/or etsy store and put them on your school noticeboard and give them to other students.
  3. Rock up at events wearing your awesome knitwear. If strangers ask you about it, tell them all about your knitting and refer them to your blog!

As for meeting other teen knitters, I hope that you have success (I tried finding 20-something knitters here on Knitting Daily... got one reply... ). Please do get back and let us know how it's going!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Lexalex wrote
on Apr 2, 2013 4:48 PM

Thanks you so much for the encouragement! Glad you liked my blog. I will definitely try out your suggestions! I've been thinking about starting a teen knitting club in my area to try to meet some teen knitters!  I'll let you know how your suggestions work! :)

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Rachel.W wrote
on Apr 19, 2014 11:13 PM

That's a great idea. I'm a teen and I (finally) got my friends into knitting too. It would be awesome to make it more popular.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Rachel.W wrote
on Apr 19, 2014 11:14 PM

That's a great idea. I'm a teen and I (finally) got my friends into knitting too. It would be awesome to make it more popular.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Rachel.W wrote

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Rachel.W wrote

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Rachel.W wrote

Not Ranked
Posts 2
MarieJanelle wrote
on May 19, 2014 11:54 AM

Yes! another twenty-something knitter! what do you think of arm knitting??

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS