SoulWool baby raglan jacket

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
marysephan wrote
on Jan 3, 2013 9:06 PM

I am a beginner for knitting and saw the pattern on line. It said for advanced beginner but there are some points that are not clear  for me so can anyone help me please. For the back it confuses me that how may stitches will be left at the end and do I need to bind off all the stitches. And another question what is STST stand for to make the sleeves. Please help me. Thank you very much.

Maryse Phan

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 629
salmonmac wrote
on Jan 4, 2013 6:14 AM

For the back, the directions are:

On right side join yarn for the 28 (30, 32, 34) sts for the back. At the same time decrease 1 stitch

at each edge every other row 9 (9, 10, 11) times (decrease as follows= k2, k2tog, knit to the last 4

sts, ssk, k2.

So for the smallest size you start with 28sts, decrease 18sts (9x2sts) and you're left with 10sts. For the next size you'd be left with 12sts (30-18sts=12). Just be sure to decrease on each edge of the back.. I wuld bind off all sts when you finish the back. It'll make it easier to go around and pick up sts for the collar.

STST in the sleeve directions refers to stockinette or stocking stitch where you knit one row, purl one row and continue alternating rows.

All good questions! Good luck with this very sweet sweater. It's an excellant idea to stretch yourself and knit a pattern that has something new or some new directions in it.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 4, 2013 9:28 PM

Hi mary,

Just wondering what pattern you are talking about.  You didn't mention the pattern in your post so I am wondering how you got the answer. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS