Help! I need some help!!!

This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
vern07005 wrote
on Jan 4, 2013 9:16 AM

This is my patter for part of my hat (the other part is just the decrease). They used straight needles, but I want to use circular so I don't have to sew up the ends. How do I convert that? My head is hurting from trying to figure it out!!! I thought I had it when I casted on 76 st. instead of 78. But it didn't seem to work with Row 7.

PLease I need some help!!! My sister is waiting for her hat! :)

Cast on 78 sts.
1st row: (RS). K2. *P2. K2. Rep from * to end of row.
2nd row: P2. *K2. P2. Rep from * to end of row.
Rep last 2 rows twice more, inc 12 sts evenly across last row. 90 sts.
Proceed in Shadow Cable Pat as follows:
1st row: (RS). Knit.
2nd and alt rows: Purl.
3rd row: K1. *C4B. K4. Rep from * to last st. K1.
5th row: As 1st row.
7th row: K5. *C4F. K4. Rep from * to last 5 sts. C4F. K1.
8th row: As 2nd row.
Rep last 8 rows twice more, then 1st to 4th rows once.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
padmaK wrote
on Jan 4, 2013 12:41 PM

From What I understand the first and last K1 are for joining into  the round in the pattern.

1. So if I am knitting in the round this pattern, I would increase the stitches to 88 and do the cable stitches.

2. I would modify the pattern by ignoring the K1 in the first and last stitches.

so, for example row 3 would be **C4B. K4. Rep from * to last st

R7 K4 *C4F. K4. Rep from * to last 4 sts. C4F

THis is my understanding  hope this helps

Padma

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 4, 2013 6:22 PM

HI vern,

I think I would just cast on 1 extra stitch .  This stitch would be used to join your first round.  After you join, you would still have the same number of stitches the pattern calls for 78 .  So theoretically, you should still be able to follow the pattern as it is written.  That's just my logic.  Have you tried the above suggestion?  I am curious to know if it works, or what you do to make it work.  

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
vern07005 wrote
on Jan 4, 2013 8:29 PM

yes! For some reason, when I tried figuring it out, my numbers didn't add up. I must've done something wrong. But the way you put it make perfect sense to me. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
vern07005 wrote
on Jan 4, 2013 8:30 PM

oops! I forgot to say that the reply was for padmaK:)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
padmaK wrote
on Jan 5, 2013 9:15 AM

You are welcome Vern. I am knitting in round more now and am trying to adopt more patterns in round

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 7, 2013 6:27 PM

Hi Padma, 

I was wondering if you could make it clear the reason for the 88 stitches, instead of the 78?  Thank you for your help. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS