Beginner

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
kellyhuston wrote
on Jan 5, 2013 8:25 PM

Hello, my name is Kelly. I had surgery on 12/20 and I have a 6 week recovery. I decided that I would learn how to knit during my recovery.  

I have started a scarf about a million times. I'm really having trouble. It seems I do we'll for a while but  before I know it I have at least two extra stitches. 

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. 

Also, I have two more grand babies on the way and I would like to knit baby blankets for them. 

Thank you,

kelly

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 729
salmonmac wrote
on Jan 6, 2013 6:47 AM

Take a look at your knitting and see if you can tell where the extra stitches are. I know this is sometimes difficult but it may help in figuring out how to stop them. It may be a yarn over the needle when you switch from knits to purls or vice versa. That'll leave a hole in the knit fabric. If the edge is starting to angle out, it may be that you're working the end stitch as 2 stitches instead of one. Try pulling down on the yarn at the beginning of the row so that you can see the single stitch. If you pull up and over the needle, the first stitch will look like two and working into both legs will give you an increase. Here are some more tips that may help.

http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32886

All the best on your recovery!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS