Felting

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 25
jackie noel wrote
on Jan 10, 2013 10:54 PM

I'm knitting a bag for my daughter, the pattern calls for felting. I'm not sure how to do this, and once it's felted, if it gets dirty how do you clean it?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,770
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 11, 2013 9:17 PM

Hi jackie,

I typed "felt" in the search box here at KD and pulled this one up.  http://www.knittingdaily.com/media/p/51523.aspx  There are 6 free patterns for felting.  I think if you read these you'll get some directions that will help you on the concept.  There are others to choose as well. 

How are your curtains coming along? 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 25
jackie noel wrote
on Jan 11, 2013 10:01 PM

Well they got put on hold for awhile. I switched over to a jean quilt for one of my grand daughters. I'm doin a pioneer braid. It sounded like a real good idea but is a bit more time consuming than I thought it would be. I usually don't start anything til I'm done with what I'm doing but I'm in the mood for knitting, so I promised myself -knit this bag for my daughter and back to the quilt! It's going to have a flannel back, no batt, but it will be so heavy from being made of jeans that it will be warm! I've never felted anything before and am anxious to see how it turns out. Thanks so much for your help. What are you working on now? Take care and God Bless 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 25
jackie noel wrote
on Jan 11, 2013 10:01 PM

Well they got put on hold for awhile. I switched over to a jean quilt for one of my grand daughters. I'm doin a pioneer braid. It sounded like a real good idea but is a bit more time consuming than I thought it would be. I usually don't start anything til I'm done with what I'm doing but I'm in the mood for knitting, so I promised myself -knit this bag for my daughter and back to the quilt! It's going to have a flannel back, no batt, but it will be so heavy from being made of jeans that it will be warm! I've never felted anything before and am anxious to see how it turns out. Thanks so much for your help. What are you working on now? Take care and God Bless 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,770
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 15, 2013 1:12 PM

Hi jackie,

I thought I had answered you, so sorry for the delay. 

So I take it that did help you with the felting question?  I also make myself finish what I started before i go on to something else.  But that doesn't mean I am not "thinking" about the next endeavor.  I enjoy that while I am finishing something up.  It keeps the adrenalin going!  So right now I am working with the yarn in my stash.  I wanted to make a warm wrap with the wool and it is working out well.  A very simple pattern but with a little trick to the shaping.  It is fun and fast.  Almost done and I'll put up a pic soon. 

Your project sounds interesting, how is it progressing?    

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS