How to continue knitting after binding off portions of a blanket

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
rentler wrote
on Jan 12, 2013 12:38 PM

Hi,

I'm working on a snuggle blanket pattern. Its my first time doing this and I'm a little confused on how to create the hood.

This is the link to the pattern:

http://stitchmesoftly.blogspot.com/2011/06/baby-snuggle-wrap-knitting-pattern.html

I've bounded off the ends so that only the hood stitches are left. I just don't know how to go from the last bound stitch back to where I'm creating the hood.The pattern says "At this point you can either break off yarn and rejoin it, or using a crochet needle slip stitch over to your 46 live stitches" but I'm not sure how to correctly go about this.

Any advice or videos out there that may be able to help?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 687
salmonmac wrote
on Jan 13, 2013 8:18 AM

You can cut the yarn leaving about a 6 inch tail to weave in later and pull the yarn end through the last loop on the needle. Now go back to the hood sts on the snuggle and start to knit them with a new end of  yarn. You can again leave about a 6 inch tail to weave in later. (The other option that the pattern gives is to crochet a slip stitch across the bound off sts as a way of carrying the yarn back to the hood border but if you don't crochet or have a crochet hook, this may not be so easy.) 

It's an unusual way to set up this pattern because in most cases you would bind off the stitches at the beginning of the row, finish the row, turn and bind off the required number of sts at the beginning of the next row, leaving the center stitches for the hood and the working yarn in place ready to knit those sts. Good luck finishing up this adorable pattern!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS