Judy's Magic Cast on

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Cissy52 wrote
on Jan 12, 2013 5:42 PM

I am in the process of learning Judy's Magic Cast On method on two circular needles.  I believe I have most of the skill in hand.  One thing though, when I come to begin a new row of knitting the working yarn is feeding from the bottom needle ( the one that's hanging loose on the circular needle that's not in use at that stage ), is this normal?  I don't know what to make of this.  Needless to say, the edges of the work look awful because the yarn is being fed from a needle far away from the actual work.  I have tried tightening the first stitch on each needle, but to no avail.  Help! 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 732
salmonmac wrote
on Jan 13, 2013 12:16 PM

When you come to the end of a row, the working yarn is coming off the end of the top needle (the next stitch is actually sitting right below on the lower needle). Now you pull upper needle through, turn the needles and the working yarn is feeding from the bottom cable as you said and that's correct. This isn't actually far away from the next stitch. That next stitch is now on the upper needle, just above the working yarn. You can pull slightly on the working yarn so that you don't have a gap, but the two stitches that you're connecting are one over the other on the two needles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pmxRDZ-cwo

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS