Hello! New here, inspired by charity knitting

This post has 13 Replies | 7 Followers rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Jan 14, 2013 4:39 PM

I started knitting March of 2012 and I am hooked!!!

Knitting is my sweet piece of sanity. Most of my knitting is done for premature babies.

I am still learning the craft and my knits tend to look funny, but it is all a part of the journey right?

- Raquel

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Jan 14, 2013 5:36 PM

I started knitting 50 years ago. Pretty much an expert. Still my favorite knitting is done for charity. You GO Girl!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
jafranklin05 wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 11:21 PM
Hi Everyone, I am new here and is keenly interested in knowing interesting facts about online marketing and also about other things, Hope you all will appreciate me. 
Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Jan 22, 2013 4:21 PM

Of course we will appreciate you! However, I don't know anything about online marketing. Good Luck on that. Jerri

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Stacy-b-good wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 10:47 PM

That's awesome, Raquel!

What charity are you knitting for? Maybe I could knit them blankets. I've not done much knitting myself either even though I started a lot longer ago than you (2005). I'd love to be able to be involved in something that will give my knits a "home." That's been the reason for why I've not knitted much in the past six years and then some. I don't have anywhere for the projects to go.

Let me know if there's any way we can get something started, or even if you just want to be Knitting Daily friends:)

--Stacy

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Feb 24, 2013 10:52 AM

I would like to know also. I am actually a quitler and know where to send quilts. I have a stash of knitted things that need a home.

Let me know, Jerri

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Feb 24, 2013 12:02 PM

Hello there!!!

I knit for Precious Preemie Project. (http://www.PreciousPreemieProject.com)

It is a little group I started May 2012 to help premature babies and their families. We are a small team of knitters, quilters, and crochetters who make beautiful things for babies.

We send donations to hospitals each month. We can use all the help we can get. This past week, we mailed 280 hats to hospitals throughout the U.S. But if we had help, we can help many more. 

These hats mean a lot to the families who receive them. This is one of the thank you notes that was sent to us. 

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Feb 24, 2013 12:14 PM

I would love to knit for these precious little ones. And will. But I have stuff (blankets and hats) for others. Hats for full term babies. Several blankets. Jerri

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Feb 24, 2013 12:28 PM

Jerri,

This is great! We would love to have your help. 

Some hospitals ask for blankets but we don't have the manpower (yet) to make them.

Please email me directly: PreciousPreemieProject@MamasHealth.com

or you can send donations to:

Precious Preeme Project
Suite 2170, 281 East Colorado Blvd. 
Pasadena, CA 91101 

Exciting!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
delainey33 wrote
on Mar 4, 2013 11:41 PM

I will send some whenI learn how to knitt a better some of my stuff well doesnt like it should and  plus I'm still learning (i'm teaching my self to knitt)

Delainey Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Mar 5, 2013 2:34 PM

Great, I now have your address and will send them along eventually, when I have more.

I have a knitting machine and lots of yarn so I can knit them up fast. Sincerely, Jerri

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Mar 19, 2013 11:00 PM

I'm a newbie knitter and I am so excited that I have finally figured out how to knit. It has always fascinated me to see people make things with these 2 needles. I was determined to figure it out after I got a beginners knitting book from my sister in law for Christmas. I love the fair isle knitting patterns and colorwork. Good luck on your knitting projects!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
sweetthing74 wrote
on Dec 22, 2013 2:15 AM

Hi I also had a preemie baby boy one pound seven oz he stayed in the hospital for 12 weeks now he is 23y/land doing great I would love to help you knit hats for these little angels email me with the details marthagillespie74@yahoo.com thanks Martha

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Dec 27, 2013 2:58 PM

Hi Delaine33, How are you doing learning to knit? There are so many sites to teach you on the internet that I'm sure you are doing great. I

have been very busy and have neglected this site. Going to do better this year. Jerri

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS