southern snow day

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
on Jan 17, 2013 11:44 AM

It does not often happen in the Heart of Dixie that we have snow days. They were rare when I was growing up, and even now rarer  {is that even a word?} for my children.

My plan was to take out the trusty make in less than a day mitten pattern passed down from generations of women in my family. They are "Yankees". I'm one by birth, but  raised in the South because of a recession in the early 1970's that brought my family here.

Any way, any one who can locate a pre 1950's two needle mitten pattern, PLEASE send it through to me.{It would also be easier than converting a not so simple pattern to teach my 12 year old daughter this afternoon.Even though I see that coming..... please pass the asprin....}

Thanks Ya'll! Happy winter weekend to any one below the Mason-Dixon line. For those of you who are my distant Yankee cousins, a wish for a quick thaw to you guys. ~Laundrygoddess

p.s. I just got the report this is NOT the fun snow. It's the yucky, SLUSH snow.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,771
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 26, 2013 1:23 PM

Hi lg,

Just reading your post and thought you could try looking at Weldons  http://www.knittingdaily.com/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=weldon%27s 

This is a link to a searched page here on KD with various ref to the Weldon's Embroidery, Knitting, Patchwork, Crochet, etc. 

I left the snow up north awhile ago so I understand about the slush.  Sad

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS