wrist warmers fingerless gloves patterns please

This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
junie3 wrote
on Jan 20, 2013 4:59 AM

Hi

I have looked at many sites for patterns, wristwarmers / fingerless gloves.

I would like patterns knitted straight and not in the round.

Does anyone here know where i can look, I thought maybe some of you may know sites I have not thought of.

Booklets or patterns i can look though.

Many Thanks

Junie

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jan 20, 2013 7:39 AM

Have been using up some oddments & came up with the following.

Double knit wool (UK ) Sizes 8 & 10 needles (again UK)

Cast on 42 stitches work 6 inches 3:3 rib

Change to size 10's knit 1inch & cast off.Sew up leaving a thumb space!

Worked for me. Penny

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 20, 2013 7:02 PM

Hi junie, 

I remembered doing this pattern some time ago.  As I recall it might suit your needs as described in your post.  You should check it out!  It's worked in stockinette, short rows, seamed up one side for a tailored fit.  They were done is a variegated yarn but you could use a solid, or whatever self striping you like as well.  It's a free download right here on KD.

http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/daily/archive/2008/08/08/free-pattern-lisa-s-mitts.aspx 

I think you'll be please and I really hope you try them. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
junie3 wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 3:35 AM

Thanks for your reply, Will try this

Junie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
junie3 wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 3:36 AM

Hi

Thanks so much off to have a look

Junie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 1:00 PM

Hi Junie,

Another place  to look would be the website for Creative Knitting.  I'm not sure but I think the site is creativeknittingmagazine.com.  I have seen patterns there for wristers knit both flat and in the round.  They have the pattern I use the most for what I refer to as my gamer's gloves or computer gloves.  They are made in the round and done with self striping sock yarn.  The pattern is actually a great pattern to learn to knit with double point needles and work in the round.  The pattern is in the March 2007 issue of Creative Knitting.

Mary Woods

Ravenwood Designs

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
junie3 wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 2:51 PM

Hi Mary

I will go have a look

Thanks so much

Junie

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 9:22 PM

Hi Junie,

So glad could help you.  When you finish, please show us a look at your wristwarmers.  You could put your pic on Fabulous Projects completed lately thread under the Knitting Chat.  Thanks and hope you enjoy your knitting project. 

http://www.knittingdaily.com/forums/t/857.aspx  Hope to see you there!

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Jan 30, 2013 5:02 PM

Hi Junie,

there are some more knitting patterns for fingerless gloves here.

Hope this helps!

Alison.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
junie3 wrote
on Jan 30, 2013 5:14 PM

Thanks Alison

Will have a good look

Junie

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS