Baby shawl on Downton Abbey

This post has 11 Replies | 4 Followers rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 9
LauraS@5 wrote
on Feb 15, 2013 10:16 AM

Did anyone else notice baby Sybil's shawl on last Sunday's episode of Downton Abbey?  It was beautiful, and I'd love to have the pattern!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
kaylyn60 wrote
on Feb 20, 2013 2:58 PM

Yes!  I love that baby shawl.  I tried looking on Ravelry under "Christening" , Downton Abbey Shawl, and Sybil's shawl hoping that someone had posted this pattern on line but to no avail.  I'll keep looking to see if I can find something on this beautiful shawl.  

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/baby%20branson

Not Ranked
Posts 5
kaylyn60 wrote
on Feb 20, 2013 3:44 PM

I found this beautiful collection of baby shawls on line from Shepherd patterns.  Not quite baby Sybil's shawl but these are beautiful jus the same.

http://woolandyarn.com.au/products/shepherd-patterns/shepherd-book-1004-baby-shawls-collection-2

I found this gorgeous free pattern from Patons:

http://knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/baby/cloud-drift.html

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 629
salmonmac wrote
on Feb 21, 2013 3:50 AM

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for the links.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Mar 28, 2013 9:15 AM

I am also looking for the pattern. I knitted this shawl myself 20 years ago but they shawl has a rip and I need the pattern to repair it. I know the pattern was printed in the Woman's Weekly about 22 years ago. The pattern and wool could also be bought in kit form from a company in Northern Scotland. 

The shawl is knitted from the outside in and it took me about 6 months to knit it.

It would be great if you could give  me any information.

thanks

Aine

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Jul 26, 2013 1:32 PM

Be careful if you plan to make the Cloud Drift Baby Shawl from Patons. The written instructions are at variance with the charts. Alternate rows should be purled not knitted. I worked 40 frustrating rows thinking something was wrong before looking at the charts are recognizing the error.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Jul 26, 2013 1:32 PM

Be careful if you plan to make the Cloud Drift Baby Shawl from Patons. The written instructions are at variance with the charts. Alternate rows should be purled not knitted. I worked 40 frustrating rows thinking something was wrong before looking at the charts are recognizing the error.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 629
salmonmac wrote
on Jul 27, 2013 4:46 AM

Thanks so much for pointing out the error. Beautiful shawl. I hope it's now going along well.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Jul 27, 2013 5:51 AM

I have found the pattern, this have a number of different patterns in the same cobweb thread

http://www.shetlandwoolbrokers.co.uk/epages/BT2741.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT2741/Products/%22Kit%20-%20Brora%20Cobweb%20Shawl%20CW109%22

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Joaniesmom wrote
on Sep 15, 2013 9:33 AM

How beautiful! I am totally besotted with Downton Abby and this shawl/blanket is as beautiful as the show. So sorry the shop is in the UK and me in the US. Would love to take a crack at it!

So looking forward to the new season. I've been living with the car crash all summer! What a shocking season closure.

L

Not Ranked
Posts 2
elgaffney wrote
on Feb 11, 2014 2:04 AM

did not see downtown abbey shawl but from your description I would look on www.jamiesonsofshetland.co.uk. It is called a wedding ring shawl.  I found the pattern in the 100 year edition of the womans weekly and sent to scotland for the wool. I have now made two of the shawls and they are beautiful although the wool is not as soft as regular baby yarns. Good luck with your search.

Liz

Not Ranked
Posts 2
elgaffney wrote
on Feb 11, 2014 2:05 AM

did not see downtown abbey shawl but from your description I would look on www.jamiesonsofshetland.co.uk. It is called a wedding ring shawl.  I found the pattern in the 100 year edition of the womans weekly and sent to scotland for the wool. I have now made two of the shawls and they are beautiful although the wool is not as soft as regular baby yarns. Good luck with your search.

Liz

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS