The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

This post has 362 Replies | 42 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,517
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Feb 22, 2013 12:58 PM

Ruched Yoke Tee
The winner is the Ruched Yoke Tee! What a perfect choice for spring.

Here's the schedule:

2/25–3/4:
Download the pattern (or find it in your copy of Interweave Knits, Spring 2011), choose yarn, swatch.
3/5–4/9: Knit tee.
4/10–4/24: Complete finishing, weave in ends, and block.

Here's how a knit-along works:

1. Download your pattern (or find it in a magazine or book if it was previously published).

2. Buy your yarn (or find it in your stash).

3. Log on to the forum, introduce yourself and tell us which yarn you're using. This forum is where all of the fun is; it's where you'll share your tips, ask questions, or upload photos—and it's where you'll find support if you're having problems.

4. Post a photo of your finished garment when you're done. And if you're wondering how to insert a photo into a post, click here.

It's as easy as that. Now let's get started!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,517
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Feb 22, 2013 4:29 PM

I was trolling Ravelry trying to decide on a yarn and I noticed some comments that might be helpful to all of us.

• A few people said the the tee ended up being too big and they wished they would have done a size smaller. This mainly came up with people using cotton yarns, which tend to grow, especially after blocking. The wool versions seemed fine.
  • Some knitters added longer sleeves, which I think I'll do, too.
  • In the pattern there are some directions that ask us to increase evenly around the row. I hate that! Here's a calculator that'll help you figure out exactly when to increase. There's also this PDF that Ann Budd developed to help with even increasing.

That's it, so far. Back to the yarn search. I'm leaning toward Cotton Classic because of all of the beautiful colors, but maybe I should look at some blends so I don't end up with a too-big tee.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
stitchellen wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 9:01 AM

I'd love to knit this tee for my granddaughter, but I didn't purchase the pattern for the reason that I bypass many of the Interweave patterns I like: No advance info about the yarn weight required. I have wasted many $$ on some of your patterns, only to discover after the purchases that I'd never use them because the directions are for heavier yarn weight than I use. I knit most sweaters and tees with fingering weight, never more than sport or DK weight yarn unless they are meant for cold weather outdoor wear. This tee looks like it is knit with a heavier weight yarn than I would select for it, but that's a guess.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 9:33 AM

Actually the pattern in the magazine say dk weight.  I'm thinking of joining if I can find some yarn in my stash.  I don't have enough cotton.  

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Feb 23, 2013 10:57 AM

I think if you check out the pattern on Ravelry.com first, all the data is posted there. You can also look at what other people have done and their opinions of the pattern, which is nice. Yes I would like to see yarn weight and approx. yardage on Interweave's pattern page as well. It saves this extra step, but at least this step is there to take.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
DoreenG@2 wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 12:16 PM

Hi,   I am joining in this Kal , i like  this tee to me it is a classic design. I found  in my stash  some Knitpicks simply cotton in sport  and got the gauge . I am doing it in red.  It is a nice red not too bright  good for spring and summer.  Ok off i go to knit .  i tried to put a pic but it would not take will try again another time   

thanks 

Doreen

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Feb 23, 2013 12:28 PM

Dear Kathleen

Thank you so much for the helpful hints! The calculator is a great help as well as the hints regarding the behavior of the knitted fabric.

I went one needle size down (3.75mm) and the gauge matched right away (amazing). Choose one size smaller than I usually would - stil looking good so far. But its top-down I still can try it on and check the fitting. I'm using Rowan Pima Cotton.

Looking forward to a very inspiring KAL, Love Netti

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 1:03 PM

Somehow I clicked something by mistake and now am getting automated emails of everyone's replies sent to my email address.  Does anyone know how I can opt out of this?  Thanks!!

Not Ranked
Posts 7
achyrelle wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 2:45 PM

There should be something that says "Stop emailing me when someone replies"

It won't be obvious. It should be in blue print at the top of the thread

Not Ranked
Posts 7
achyrelle wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 2:47 PM

Well, I  will likely be joining the KAL --- I did want the Raleigh Tee... I will do both!Big Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 3:00 PM

Thank you for responding but I just can't find it. I keep looking but I'm not the greatest with computers. 

Not Ranked
Posts 11
stitchellen wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 3:05 PM

In the emailed posting to the KAL, just under "Subject", you'll see this link: Re: The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

Click on it to bring up the KAL thread. Just above the first posting is another link in blue type that says sometthing like "Stop sending me email".

Not Ranked
Posts 11
stitchellen wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 3:18 PM

Thanks, Katie. I checked the postings in Ravelry, which did give me the information I wanted. After looking at many pages of examples knitted from this pattern and reading many of the comments, I am convinced that this should have been designed for fingering weight yarn.

Are all of the Interweave atterns represented on Ravelry? If they are, that information should be included on the Interweave site.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 3:35 PM

I found a link that said no replies so tried that.  Thanks again! 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
LeleyD wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 8:16 PM

I'm in.  Stash yarn will be explored. I'm thinking South West Trading Company's Oasis is a go-a.  It's in a strong hot pink.  I'll knit it in the round though....

Page 1 of 25 (363 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS