The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

This post has 362 Replies | 42 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 3
suziq_21 wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 9:02 PM

Im looking at using Knitpicks Comfy Sport, which is 75% pima cotton/25% acrylic...does anyone know, is that enough of a blend to keep the cotton pulled in so it doesnt get too big? I don't have any experience with cotton blends.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
PatJ@7 wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 11:07 PM

I'm in!  I found yarn in my stash to use.  Pebbles- a Classic Elite Yarn in a tangerine color.  The yarn is a cotton/acrylic blend so I think it will do fine.  The only thing is I found I have 2 different dye lots.  I will probably knit the yoke with one lot and the body in the other.  That should work ok, don't you think?

Pat Johnson

Chesapeake, VA

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Camilla@4 wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 4:32 AM

I had planned on knitting this T-shirt anyway at some time or another, but this has speeded up the process!Smile

I dug out the magazine and searched my stash yesterday, and today I have swatched. My yarn will be Garnstudio's Drops Lin on 3.5 mm needles. The color is dark blue. The yarn is 100% linen, so I will go with the advice for cotton yarn and knit one size smaller than I originally planned.

Here is my project page on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SophieMops/ruched-yoke-tee---adult

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Camilla@4 wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 4:34 AM

I think it will be fine, because then there will be a natural dividing line between the dye lots, and noone will notice if there is a difference in the shades.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
PatJ@7 Smile [:)] wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 8:15 AM

Camilla@4:

I think it will be fine, because then there will be a natural dividing line between the dye lots, and noone will notice if there is a difference in the shades.

Thank, Camilla!  I needed that little vote of confidence.  Now, I'm off to swatch-

Pat Johnson

Chesapeake, VA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
PatJ@7 wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 10:01 AM

I'm thinking I will leave out the keyhole.   Getting up there in age and don't need to be showing off all I have (or used to!)

Pat Johnson

Chesapeake, VA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 10:21 AM

I am also going to leave at the keyhole - if I can figure out what to do to skip it.  If anyone knows I would appreciate the information!  Thanks!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
PatJ@7 wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 10:42 AM

Kathleen Cubley:
Some knitters added longer sleeves, which I think I'll do, too.

How will you lengthen the sleeves?

Pat Johnson

Chesapeake, VA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
DoreenG@2 wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 10:57 AM

Hi, Suzig21,

I am using knitpicks comfy sport  and  I got the right gauge. I am doing 38 1/2 so if it grows it will fit nicely. Hope this helps

doreen

Not Ranked
Posts 2
elliferg wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 12:26 PM

Isn't all the information you are looking for on the Pattern Details tab right next to the Description tab?  I have not purchased this ( doing the Sakura first), but I can see what yarn is needed, and needle size for this pattern.

I agree this is critical information, especially since I live in New Orleans, but it does seem to be provided by Interweave.

Hope this helps,

elli

Not Ranked
Posts 2
fiberdance42 wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 6:35 PM

I'm in. I'm Dorothy from Port Orchard, Washington.

I found some aged ecru Paton's Cotton DK in my stash. Knitted a swatch with a size smaller needle (5) as that is what I usually need to do and then  washed and dried it by machine as that is what I'll do in the future, regardless of what the label said.  Because of the behavior of cotton I washed and dried the swatch 3 times to get to the gauge I will believe.  There was a significant change after the first, a smaller after the second and a negligible change after the third. I went from 29 rows and 24 stitches in 4 inches before washing to 33 rows and 20 stitches in 4 inches after three washings.  This is luckily quite close to the target gauge and I will be adjusting the length a bit to accommodate.  Or not, since I am short waisted.  I'll probably draw out the pattern, though.  You see, I'm taking this Japanese Pattern Drafting class and it has me re-checking everything...  Both the fit from the directions, and the method I'm learning.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 8:40 PM

Hi Dorothy,  How great that you are taking the Japanese Pattern Drafting class!  I am going to try and knit the tee using some Debbie Bliss Prima that I have in my stash.  It's 80% bamboo and 20% merino. I had to go up to a size 9 needle to get gauge but the fabric looks fine.  If I can figure out how to do it I'm going to knit  the top in the child's largest size and then go to the smaller adult size.  Would I just add sts at that point?  Also I plan to omit the keyhole if I can figure out where it begins and ends.  

I would prefer cotton but am on a yarn diet and need to get into my stash - I have too much yarn!

Happy knitting everyone, Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 7
nanakathy102 wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 2:27 AM

I'm also in. New to KAL's and looking forward to learning how to lengthen those sleeves.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
suziq_21 wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 8:58 AM

Thanks, Doreen! I'll order this week.

I also want to figure out how to leave out the keyhole, I'm making tjis for my daughter and would prefer the tee without it!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
sarawutzke wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 9:05 AM

I'm in! I've knit sweaters for others but this will be the first for me, so I'm happy it's somethig lightweight! It's not the one I wanted, but I'm sure it'll still be good :)

Page 2 of 25 (363 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS