The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

This post has 362 Replies | 42 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Rainbow67 wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 8:41 PM

I have the pattern, now I need the yarn. I don't have enough in my stash of anything, so ashopping I will go. I'm excited, since this is my first KAL. I'm a slow knitter and get bored easily so I hope I make it through this one with enthusiasm still in place. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
mksj08 wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 10:16 PM

I've started this using a 100% bamboo yarn from South West Trading Company. I love the feel of the yarn as  I knit it. This is the first time I've done a knit-along. Maybe it won't be the last.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
CindyBee wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 3:31 AM

I was pleasantly surprised to learn of this KAL as I just started this sweater.  As soon as I saw the pattern I knew I wanted to knit it.  I do wish I had the increase calculator before I finished the ruching partConfused  I am using Cascade Venezia sport wt.  (merino, cashmere, silk blend) in a luscious teal color.  I have knit all the ruching and will next divide for the armholes.  I haven't encountered any problems so far.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
CindyBee wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 3:38 AM

Hi Diane!  I'm from soggy Louisiana too.  Will the rain never end? 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Balzac813 wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 6:23 AM

I really like this tee so I will be participating. I found my issue of the mag, now I just need to pick my yarn! If I like how mine turns out, I will probably make one for my daughter, too!

Not Ranked
Posts 10
dberthelot wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 7:06 AM

Hi Cindy.  I hope this week will be a dry one.  I can't even walk in the backyard because it's so soggy. What part of Louisiana are you from?  I'm from the Baton Rouge area.  

Diane

Not Ranked
Posts 2
BrandySears wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 7:35 AM

My name is Brandy and I live in Lexington, MI and I'm in.  This has been on my "Must Knit" list since the mag came out.  I'll be using Esebeth Lavold Silky Wool in orange.  Can't wait as this will be my first KAL.  

Not Ranked
Posts 11
stitchellen wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 10:31 AM

A warning to any of you using bamboo yarn: Knit a swatch and wash/dry it many times before you start your tee. Anything knit with bamboo will grow and grow and grow. I have knit three sweaters - one 100% bamboo, one 50-50 bamboo and cotton, one 50-50 bamboo and wool - and all kept getting larger and larger. I always swatch (knit, wash and block) before I start a project, but one wash/block wasn't enough to give me the gauge. Much as I love the soft "feel" and luster of bamboo, I won't use it any more. I had to give away all three sweaters. Conversely, I have not experienced the same characteristic in cotton yarn, although many Ravelry knitters have complained about it. My complaint about handknit cotton sweaters is that they tend to be heavy. I stick almost exclusively to merino wool, even for summer garments.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
lisaelle wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 1:25 PM

Hi, everyone. My name is Lisa and I live in Silver Spring, MD. This is my second KAL. It will also only be my second sweater (I just have a few welts left on my first one--a swirl--so this came at the perfect time). I'm a relatively new knitter, so I like the tips and community of a KAL.

I'm using Cascade Ultra Pima in Cobalt and plan to swatch this weekend. I'm also going to omit the keyhole, and I may go down a needle size for the beginning of the neck based on some of the comments and photos on Ravelry. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
gumbiecat wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 4:24 PM

I had a difficult time finding this forum for the Ruched Yoke Tee.

Brown Sheep yarn, 80% Cotton/20% Wool in a light blue, is the yarn I chose for the Tee.  I went down to size 5 needles to get gauge.   The gauge swatch has not grown, but I'll have to watch the length as the Tee progresses..

Judy in SE Wisconsin  

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Feb 27, 2013 6:34 PM

My name is Kristi and I am in Iowa. This is my second knit-a-long but first on Interweave.  I do have a couple questions though if anyone can help me out.  While I have been knitting for over three years now, I am new to gauge and garment making.  What is ease and what does it have to do with choosing the size I make?  I was hoping their would be a lot more "instruction" with this pattern/KAL.  My other question is about the gauge.  I cannot seem to hit it. My width will be ok but 34 rows is way longer than 4" for me.  Any suggestions?  Thank you so much for any help. I look forward to getting to know you all!  *Kristi

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
StitchTech wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 9:35 PM

Hi Kristi- Ease is the difference between your body measurement and the measurement of the garment.  The more ease, the looser the fit.  

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Teai4knits wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 12:12 AM
Hi I am also going to use the ultra pima in rose. I'm a vs fairly new knitter and wanted to ask you about the gauge stitches to use. Don't know how to determine d u e to the type of yarn Thanks Trish
Not Ranked
Posts 6
sundaymaj wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 7:45 AM

I downloaded the pattern yesterday to my iPad and saved a bookmark.  Now when I try to open it I gat an error cannot open that page.  I was doing some updating and lost a book from my kindle too.  any ideas how to recover the pattern without paying again?  Thanks

Not Ranked
Posts 6
sundaymaj wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 7:45 AM

I downloaded the pattern yesterday to my iPad and saved a bookmark.  Now when I try to open it I gat an error cannot open that page.  I was doing some updating and lost a book from my kindle too.  any ideas how to recover the pattern without paying again?  Thanks

Page 4 of 25 (363 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6  Next >  ... Last » | RSS