The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

This post has 362 Replies | 42 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
StitchTech wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 9:20 AM

Hi SwitchItUp-  I was thinking I would have to adjust the pattern to fit the gauge, but I'll post an update once I swatch.  And you' ve given me an idea.  I can't wait to get off work so that I can go home and knit!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 12:10 PM

CindyBee, Thank yo for replying - I'm not trying an 8 so I guess I'll see!  Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 6
sundaymaj wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 12:23 PM

I am thinking about doing this for my 6 year old.  I have some stashed yarn.  Would  variegated at the top and solid ( one of the colors in the varigation) at the bottom look good?

Not Ranked
Posts 13
lisaelle wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 12:26 PM

That sounds really cute, especially for a child's tee. 

Not Ranked
Posts 13
lisaelle wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 1:33 PM

For people looking to lengthen the sleeve:

There's an adorable sleeve modification shown in Ravelry, and the knitter included instructions that could be easily modified for various sleeve lengths (by doing less or greater than the 40 rows of st st that she started her sleeve modification with). 

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/LilyLilyLily/ruched-yoke-tee---adult

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,335
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Mar 1, 2013 3:35 PM

lisaelle:

For people looking to lengthen the sleeve:

There's an adorable sleeve modification shown in Ravelry, and the knitter included instructions that could be easily modified for various sleeve lengths (by doing less or greater than the 40 rows of st st that she started her sleeve modification with). 

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/LilyLilyLily/ruched-yoke-tee---adult

That's great! Thanks, Lisaelle!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,335
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Mar 1, 2013 3:36 PM

termtackle:

I am thinking of using Louisa Harding Ianthe.  Should the swatch be done flat or in the round?

I would do the swatch in the round since the piece is knit in the round (mostly!). You'll get a more accurate gauge that way.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,335
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Mar 1, 2013 3:42 PM

gumbiecat:

I had a difficult time finding this forum for the Ruched Yoke Tee.

Sorry about that! I accidentally put this in the general knitting section instead of in Kathleen's KAL. Glad you finally found us, though!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
sundaymaj wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 3:47 PM

Thanks! I think I will go for it.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
sundaymaj wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 3:49 PM

Thanks Lisaelle.  I think I will try the variegated top.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
noreill wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 3:53 PM

Hello Everyone,

My name is Nancy and this is my first KAL.  I have been knitting for a year and this is my first garment.  I have chosen Knit Picks Comfy Sport yarn in Lady Slipper color.  The color is a cross between magenta and lilac and is beautiful.  I don't really have a stash yet, so I had to buy the yarn.  It is a 75% cotton, 25% acrylic blend so hopefully it won't grow too much.

I am going to omit the keyhole and try to make the sleeves longer.  Thanks to whomever posted the sleeve lengthening link to Ravelry.  I'm definitely going to look at it before I start.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,335
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Mar 1, 2013 3:55 PM

Fatbaby@2:

I would really like to know how to do it properly and was wondering if someone on this forum would explain to me how they would make the swatch gauge for this top? I ask that because it seems that it would be done differently for each piece you knit whatever it may be.

Hi Fatbaby! All patterns list gauging instructions (or they should!), at the beginning of the pattern near the yarn and needle recommendations, and this pattern requires a gauge of 20 stitches and 34 rounds = 4 inches square. So you knit your gauge in the round, casting on as many stitches as you need to to do this. After you've knit 34 rounds, measure your gauge swatch over 20 inches. That should equal 4 inches across and 34 rows should equal 4 inches in length. If the gauge is off and you need more stitches per inch, go down a needle size. If you need fewer stitches per inch, go up a needle size.

For most patterns, this one included, the stitch gauge is more important than the row gauge. If you're off on the row gauge, you can just measure length and place shaping where it's indicated in the pattern (waist shaping, in this case).

I hope this helps!

Kathleen

Not Ranked
Posts 6
cathha wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 6:34 PM

HI,

I just saw the email about a new Knitalong and ordered the magazine. I already have the yarn, grace in a light frosted aqua.  So I just have to fit this project in along with my winter sweater and quilting.. Muriel In Angola, NY

Not Ranked
Posts 10
dberthelot wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 7:03 PM

I'm so glad you posted this reminder.  I started mine over from the beginning and decided to leave out the keyhole and almost made this mistake but remembered reading your post.  Thanks so much for sharing 

Diane

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
PatJ@7 wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 7:24 PM

Ok, strike 2!   This time I realized I had twisted the cast-on and was knitting a mobius neckline!  And I was so careful to check my stitches!  Oh, well, they say 3rd time's a charm!

Pat Johnson

Chesapeake, VA

Page 6 of 25 (363 items) « First ...  < Previous  4 5 6 7 8  Next >  ... Last » | RSS