on Mar 2, 2013 4:52 PM

I think it looks very nice!

Pat Johnson

Chesapeake, VA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
PatJ@7 wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 5:01 PM

Everyone leaving :   I am thinking that since we are in the round already and do not have the end of a row at the keyhole........ for row 9, there is no need to do the K1 on the first stitch and the last stitch.  It would just be k1f&b all the way around.  

Am I thinking correctly?  Same for row 17 and 25?

Pat Johnson

Chesapeake, VA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
PatJ@7 wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 5:02 PM

I meant to say,     Everyone leaving out the keyhole...

Pat Johnson

Chesapeake, VA

Not Ranked
Posts 10
cherylk8 wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 6:27 PM

Hi all,

I'm Cheryl from Wisconsin. This will be my third KAL, but I'm still working on KAL # 2 (Pan Am jacket). I'm making this in the second smallest child size for a granddaughter. From the comments on Ravelry, this does come out bigger, so it might fit the 5 year old, the 6 year old, or the 2 year old. I'm using Plymouth Dream Baby DK in a variegated turquoise, yellow, pink and orange,  yarn  I bought years ago and am glad to finally have a project to use it on. I'm using size 5 needles for the ruffled part and size 4 for the garter stitch on the yoke. Started with size 5 but the yoke seemed floppy to me. The size 4s pull it in a little. I'm also leaving out the keyhole, and plan to just evenly increase the stitches that would have been cast on at the bottom of the keyhole. I will probably make this more of an A line instead of doing the waist shaping. So far it is looking quite nice.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
pathildeb wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 10:19 PM

This may be a duplicate - just as I was about to send I accidentally ended up somewhere else.

Anyway I'm in. The KnitPicks CotLin in raindrop that I ordered was here when I got in this evening so I!m now swatching.

At least for now I'm planning on making the keyhole. I'll look into the longer sleeves since I find that air conditioning in public places is generally more than I'm comfortable with.

Where am I? Well, since I'm a baseball nut, I'm at spring training although normally I'm in the eastern part of Pennsylvania. No, I don't knit during games - I hardly have enough hands to keep score and take pictures without adding anything else. Since I'm the one who takes the pictures in my family and I have not been very successful at taking pictures of myself any pictures of my knitting end up just being sitting on a table.

I have knit since I was a kid and as a result I taught myself to do things in non-standard ways. Therefore if I try to answer a quest ion and my answer makes no sense feel free to tell me that I'm not helping.

-Pat

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Dawmre wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 10:47 PM

Hi-- I'm Dawn,also from Louisiana (Lafayette).  I will be knitting the tee in Cascade Ultra Pima in the color Regal.  I'm excited to be part of the group.  I plan to omit the keyhole and make the sleeves a bit longer, too.  Still working on the swatch now.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
spixy1019 wrote
on Mar 3, 2013 1:11 AM

@lisaelle
@PatJ@7

I was going to leave out the keyhole too. I haven't gotten there yet, but one poster on Ravelry said they added the 6 stitches from row 33 in at the CO in the beginning and then followed along as written (of course taking into account that you're working in the round in the beginning instead of flat). And yes, I was also going to leave out the K1 in the Kf&b rows. I did all the math and it seems to make sense in both cases. We'll have to see how it works in practice.

I did my swatching and decided to work in a merino/silk blend (KnitPicks Gloss in Guava--a nice vibrant pinky-red) since it's a pretty blouse kinda top, and because I got my gauge in that first ;)

Not Ranked
Posts 10
CindyBee wrote
on Mar 3, 2013 3:42 AM

Magicann, your Tee is beautiful.  DD will love it.  The pearl button at the closure is perfect.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Mar 3, 2013 4:05 AM

I'm very motivated to get this done in time and started right after finding a matching yarn and gauge.

Did two modifications so far. I knitted less kfb's in the ruched part (only every 2nd second stitch). Want less bulk around my body and save some yarn for a longer body. At first it didn't look much ruched but now. Have a look yourself:

The second modification is very obvious. The opening is close to my left arm, I like it much better this way.

Looking forward to watch your Ruched Yoke Tees growing!

Have a nice Sunday, Netti

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Lianewobito wrote
on Mar 3, 2013 9:34 AM

I've done variegated in the ruched sections and solid in all other. Looks amazing!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Lianewobito wrote
on Mar 3, 2013 9:38 AM

Very pretty. I like the pearl button at the keyhole.. I may have to steal your idea ;)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
PatJ@7 wrote
on Mar 3, 2013 9:39 AM

Wow, there are so many variations that can be done.  Yours looks really nice too.  I like the ruching not so full like you have it.  

Pat Johnson

Chesapeake, VA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 313
sjc wrote
on Mar 3, 2013 10:26 AM

Lianewobito:

I've done variegated in the ruched sections and solid in all other. Looks amazing!

Post a picture so we can see!  I'd thought of doing that but wasn't sure it would look okay.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
dberthelot wrote
on Mar 3, 2013 1:13 PM

Beautiful work.  I hope mine comes out this nice.

Diane

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 3, 2013 1:25 PM

Very nice!! I really like your color. 

Page 8 of 25 (363 items) « First ...  < Previous  6 7 8 9 10  Next >  ... Last » | RSS