The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

This post has 362 Replies | 42 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Dawmre wrote
on Mar 6, 2013 8:43 PM

Cindy and Diamora,

i was able to get the stitch calculator to work using k1f&b by counting the knit front and back as the increased stitch plus the first k1 stitch (basically, k1f&b followed by 2 knit stitches=4 stitches). Not sure if this helps or not...

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Dawmre wrote
on Mar 7, 2013 8:52 AM

Just so I'm clear-- on row 33,if we've been knitting in the round all along, we ignore the cast on 6, right?

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Dawmre wrote
on Mar 7, 2013 8:52 AM

Just so I'm clear-- on row 33,if we've been knitting in the round all along, we ignore the cast on 6, right?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 50
diamora24 wrote
on Mar 7, 2013 9:07 AM

Thank you Sewdove, Cindy Bee and Dawmre for all of you suggestions.  Cindy, I used the Magic Formula PDF by Ann Budd, referenced in the same post by Kathleen at the beginning of the knit-along.  It is also in Shirley Paden's Knitwear Design Workshop (Interweave 2010).  I also am using the kf&b increase method.

I think I finally got the results I was looking for.  First, I tried to solve the problem of where to place the 4th-stitch and 5th-stitch increases by  dividing 14 into 36, as suggested by Sewdove.   That gave me approximately 2-1/2 (half way between 2 and 3)  So--I  figured  that if I wanted evenly-spaced increases, I should do a 5th-stitch increase three times, then do a 4th-stitch increase once, then a 5th-stitch increase only two times, then another 4th-stitch increase, etc.  But this was SO complicated.   I finally came up with a way to chart to help me figure it out.   The result was that I knew exactly on what stitch to make each f&b increase.  Here's my chart:

2

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 50
diamora24 wrote
on Mar 7, 2013 9:18 AM

Thank you, all, for your suggestions.  Cindy, I used the Magic Formula PDF by Ann Budd, referenced in the same post by Kathleen at the beginning of the knit-along.  It is also in Shirley Paden's Knitwear Design Workshop (Interweave 2010).  I also used the kf&b increase method.

I did divide 14 into 36, which gave me close to 2-1/2.  This told me that I would have to intersperse my 4th-stitch increase between the 5th-stitch increases either 2 times or 3 times.  I finally charted it out as follows: 

7-12-17

26-31-36

etc.

The single numbers are the 4th-stitch increases.  The sets of 3 numbers are the 5th-stitch increase.  This helped me count if I had the correct number of 4th-stitch and 5th-stitch increases, and more important, the correct number of total increases.  If someone could explain this better, that would be great.  But it did work!  

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 50
diamora24 wrote
on Mar 7, 2013 9:21 AM

Oops!  Looks like I posted twice.  SO hard to explain myself.  But hope someone can make sense of it.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Sewdove wrote
on Mar 7, 2013 9:52 AM

I thought someone else would answer you on this.  If you ignore the 6 st, your stitch count will be off when you do those big increase and decrease rows that are coming up.  I added 6 increases to Row 4 below that point.  Hope you aren't beyond that now.

Peggy D.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Sewdove wrote
on Mar 7, 2013 9:54 AM

This post was for Dawmre, I forgot to highlight her message.  Sorry

Not Ranked
Posts 13
lisaelle wrote
on Mar 7, 2013 10:36 AM

I have a question about row 33 as well. If I've been knitting in the round, do I just leave my marker where it's been all along (I placed a marker at my join in Row 1)? The patter indicates to slip the marker, but I don't know if I still need to shift where my start of round is. 

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Dawmre wrote
on Mar 7, 2013 10:47 AM

Thank you, sew dove, that makes more sense !

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Mar 8, 2013 1:15 AM

Sigh. I figured I was doing this part wrong, but I wasn't entirely sure so I stuck with it. I am already on row 17 so I'll have to go and rip some rows out. Thanks for this info. 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Anna PS wrote
on Mar 8, 2013 11:45 AM

A little bit late, but I am in too. I had to finish another sweater first.

Yesterday after work I bought Rowan Purelife Revive in a green colour in the store De Afstap in Amsterdam. I already had the magazine on my computer. The tee was in my wishlist. I did do a KAL before, but never to make a tee.

Tomorrow I'm going to try out the gauge and make a start!

Are there any otter European girls in this KAL?

Anna Petra from Zaandam (the Netherlands)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
connie b wrote
on Mar 8, 2013 4:15 PM

Rats!  I just discovered this KAL but I'm knee-deep (pun intended, lol) in SockMadness.  I've had the Ruched Tee queued since the mag came out so I hope to be able to join in.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
cathha wrote
on Mar 8, 2013 6:30 PM

I started the Top 2 days ago and am on row 11 but doing a larger size so  those rows take longer. I am saving all the emails in a folder and maybe Sunday I will read them. I had to finish a cowl be fore I would start this.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Lianewobito wrote
on Mar 9, 2013 8:03 AM

It's done.  I used some leftover baby yarn just to see what it would work out to look like. I actually like the way it turned out with this yarn. The next one I will probably make out of cotton and add a bit of a sleeve to it. I'm a "fluffy" girl, so a little bit longer sleeve would be better on me, although I WILL wear this one too. Wink

Page 11 of 25 (363 items) « First ...  < Previous  9 10 11 12 13  Next >  ... Last » | RSS