The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

This post has 362 Replies | 42 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,460
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Mar 20, 2013 3:39 PM

Chris and Sherry:

I'm thinking about you and sending good thoughts. Hang in there and be sure you have your knitting bags wherever you go.

Much love,

Kathleen

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,460
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Mar 20, 2013 3:42 PM

I just posted this blog about the designer of the tee, AnneLena Mattison. She talks about her design inspiration and about knitting in general. I thought you all might be interested.

I also need to come clean—I haven't started my tee yet! I have so much knitting to do that it's fallen to the bottom of the pile. While it patiently waits, though, I'm enjoying keeping up with all of you and I'm learning from your experiences.

Happy knitting,

Kathleen

Not Ranked
Posts 2
abailey0674 wrote
on Mar 20, 2013 6:30 PM

I'm going to join in!  I just downloaded the pattern and now I have to find some yarn...hopefully from my stash because I have way too much yarn.  I am currently working on two other sweaters at the moment, but I am getting spring fever and need to work on something like this.  I've also never done a knit along so I would like to try it outSmile

Not Ranked
Posts 2
abailey0674 wrote
on Mar 20, 2013 6:30 PM

I'm going to join in!  I just downloaded the pattern and now I have to find some yarn...hopefully from my stash because I have way too much yarn.  I am currently working on two other sweaters at the moment, but I am getting spring fever and need to work on something like this.  I've also never done a knit along so I would like to try it outSmile

Not Ranked
Posts 7
nanakathy102 wrote
on Mar 20, 2013 7:52 PM

Hi, Kathleen.  I thought you were being very quiet about this project!   I just tried mine on ... I'm an inch below the yoke without the shaping and I need to increase it a bit for the body.  Do you think I will be able to wear a shirt under it?  The neck is too big for me

i have loved reading all the input.  You all are some wonderful knitters and I have learned so much.

Thanks and also prayers are sent from NM!!

nanakathy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 20, 2013 8:09 PM

Sherry, I am sorry to hear about your mother and send good thoughts her way.  Hope that the treatment goes very well.  Jeanie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 20, 2013 8:09 PM

Sherry, I am sorry to hear about your mother and send good thoughts her way.  Hope that the treatment goes very well.  Jeanie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 20, 2013 8:15 PM

I am also making the smallest adult size and went down to a size 5 needle.  I have more sts per inch than the recommended gauge.  I tried it on last night and it fit but have decided to go now to a size 6 needle.  Am just on row 20.  Will see how it goes! Jeanie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 21, 2013 7:39 PM

I am now at row 21 and am to do increases.  I am doing the smallest adult size and used page one of Ann Budd's increase calculator. This means that I wound increase 2 times on the second stitch and then every 3rd stitch 41 times.  I wondering if this will look bad?  Ir really don't understand her page 2 of instructions.  I would appreciate any thoughts!  Hope things are going better for everyone. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 57
on Mar 22, 2013 4:04 PM

Whew! Finally got the increases figured out. Please disregard my last email. Hope everyone has a nice weekend! Jeanie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
daj48 wrote
on Mar 22, 2013 8:41 PM

All of a sudden I am having trouble figuring out how to post without replying directly to the last message--please help.

I am knitting the tee with the key hole in size 42 1/2.  I am starting the first increases and even after reading the posts several times I am a little confused.  I tried using the first calculator suggested.  K 1 (M1 K3) 16 times  (M1 K2) 21 times   (M1 K3)  16 times  M1 K1   When I finished this I still had a number of stitches left on my needle.  I then when to Ann Budd's formula which told me to increase every 2 stitches 32 times and every 3 stitiches 22 times.  How does this work?  Has anyone found a formula for a size 42 1/2.

Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 22, 2013 9:22 PM

Donna, I think that you can hit "quick reply" - at least that is what I have been doing.  I'm sorry that I can't help you with you increases but my size was different.  The calculator and Ann Budd's came up with the same number.  Are you doing M1's or KFB?  I'm wondering if we do M1's how do we know whether to do M1R or M1L? Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 14
coffeeforu2 wrote
on Mar 23, 2013 7:57 AM

I am finally on my way, I think.  I was working with the Debbie Bliss dk but the gauge was off by a lot on the row count and would have made the yoke too long, so I purchased new yarn by Plymouth called Cleo in a dark purple and it is 100% Mercerized pima cotton. I swatched and washed it several times using size 4 and 5 needles and the 5 is what I am using. My swatch came out to 22 sts and 32 rows for a 4" square. It am up to row 37 or 4 of the round beginning. I am about to do another evenly spaced increase and the last runch row then I will try it on.

Thanks again Kathleen for the calculator that did the trick for me. I too also used the magic math to verify and it too worked. Fingers crossed that it fits. Oh I am doing size 38.5".

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Mar 23, 2013 10:06 AM

Look under pattern details before you buy it.  It lists the yarn weight.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
andma442 wrote
on Mar 23, 2013 10:53 AM

Not only am I starting this KAL way late, I am so confused and guess I'm being dimwitted about how to post in this KAL forum. I really like this tee pattern and would save myself this embarrassment and try it on my own except for the fact that I know I will need some support and guidance.  Tongue TiedStep 3 says to log on to the forum, but I don't see where to do that.  Could you give me a helping hand to get me started?

thx, Donna

Page 17 of 25 (363 items) « First ...  < Previous  15 16 17 18 19  Next >  ... Last » | RSS