The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

This post has 362 Replies | 42 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Mar 24, 2013 3:39 PM

Tammy from Georgia here. I posted in the wrong place .... oops but hopefully I in the correct "neck of the woods" now. I am late getting in on this - just ordered the pattern today! So, I suppose I will be dragging along behind everyone - better late than never. Cannot wait to get started! Big Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 14
karenwinters wrote
on Mar 24, 2013 6:15 PM

JeanieH@6:

Karen, Yours is gorgeous!  I love the color.  Please tell me what increases you used on Row 21.  I am sorry to keep asking but have just gotten back there and hate to stop. Thanks!!

I'm pretty sure I used M1 increases. It's not easy to see in the finished tee.

Karen

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 54
on Mar 24, 2013 6:48 PM

Thank you!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 54
on Mar 24, 2013 6:48 PM

Thank you!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
jrknits wrote
on Mar 25, 2013 7:05 PM

I'm in.  Knitting with Berroco Seduce.  Got the gauge and off I go

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Amy1222 wrote
on Mar 26, 2013 12:25 AM

I finished this morning! The neckline is a little loose, so I plan on adding a row of single crochet, otherwise, I feel I will be tugging it back on my shoulders. Love this tee, though. I used Southwick from Valley Yarns, and cast on the largest child size. At the last rushing section, I increased to the smallest adult size. I also left off the last five rounds before the garter band at the hem, and thus eliminated the last set of increase stitches. I will try to figure out how to post a picture.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Amy1222 wrote
on Mar 26, 2013 12:44 AM

Here is my Ravelry link:

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/amyhansen1222/ruched-yoke-tee---adult

Not Ranked
Posts 14
karenwinters wrote
on Mar 26, 2013 1:30 AM

Amy, that turned out great! I love the color.

Not Ranked
Posts 14
coffeeforu2 wrote
on Mar 26, 2013 11:26 AM

Amy1222:

Here is my Ravelry link:

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/amyhansen1222/ruched-yoke-tee---adult

Wow! Nice job. Hope mine is as good. :)

Robin

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
daj48 wrote
on Mar 26, 2013 1:16 PM

Amy,

Your tee is beautiful.  It is finally sunny here in Reston, Va and I am torn between finishing the tee and working in my garden.  I am on row 21 and having trouble with the increases.

Donna

Not Ranked
Posts 13
lisaelle wrote
on Mar 26, 2013 2:05 PM

Donna,

Are you still looking for an answer to this question? 

daj48:
I am knitting the tee with the key hole in size 42 1/2.  I am starting the first increases and even after reading the posts several times I am a little confused.  I tried using the first calculator suggested.  K 1 (M1 K3) 16 times  (M1 K2) 21 times   (M1 K3)  16 times  M1 K1   When I finished this I still had a number of stitches left on my needle.  I then when to Ann Budd's formula which told me to increase every 2 stitches 32 times and every 3 stitiches 22 times.  How does this work?  Has anyone found a formula for a size 42 1/2.

I used KFB, not M1, for my increases to be consistent throughout the project, but here's what I used on Row 21 of a size 42 1/2 and it came out perfectly.

K1, (KFB, K2) 16 times, (KFB, K1) 21 times,  (KFB, K2) 16 times, KFB, K. It's the same formula as what you used except that I converted the M1 to KFB and adjusted accordingly, so I wonder if your stitch count was slightly off heading into Row 21. 

I hope that helps!

Lisa

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Rainbow67 wrote
on Mar 26, 2013 5:31 PM

Everybody's FO look so good. I can't wait to get mine done. I'm so close, just have half the last increase rounds and the trim and I'm done. It's a good day to knit in NE Mississippi, feels like January instead of end of March. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 80
Chris Essler wrote
on Mar 26, 2013 7:36 PM

I'm back...thanks All for your kind messages.  Dennis is home, he had stents put in (he had a few several years ago) - he is turning into the Tin Man!  Meanwhile, my mother fell in South Jersey but good neighborhs helped her.  Then I had several all nighters in work last week. I would finally get home, look at my knitting bag, walk past my knitting bag and go to bed.  But I cast on again...so I will keep company with the latecomers (and Kathleen...you are forgiven) -- THIS time, same yarn, KnitPicks Cotlin, but child's large, down sized the needle to 5, and I will just knit in the round.  So now I can return to the start of this KAL and re-read all the good tips on knitting this in the round.

And...oh yes...in the middle of this all I got another puppy!  She has delighted Dennis.  I think she is actually a very young therapy dog.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Amaasing wrote
on Mar 26, 2013 7:42 PM

Hello again everyone!

Well I think it's finally finished snowing in the Missouri Ozarks... at least for a while!  With the snow blowing around I got distracted from my "spring tee" and opted to make a hat and mittens and slipper socks! Got all of those done and able to enjoy during the return of winter! But now I'm prepping for spring again! yay!

Back to my sweater... I just finished the 11 rows after the last ruched section!  I LOVE IT!!  Not I just have to stay focused and knit, knit, knit!!  Here I go!!!!

~ Amy M.

PS -- and catching up on the ABC show "Revenge" in the background! Great to knit to!! :o)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 80
Chris Essler wrote
on Mar 26, 2013 7:57 PM

VERY pretty Amy!  It's nice to see people's faces too.  I guess I look like a dog to KAL'ers.  So I will poke my head through my circulars at the next photo op. Big Smile

Page 19 of 25 (363 items) « First ...  < Previous  17 18 19 20 21  Next >  ... Last » | RSS