The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

This post has 362 Replies | 42 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 13
lisaelle wrote
on Apr 4, 2013 8:41 PM

daj48:
 The instructions start K  M1 K K K.  Do I count the sticth I do the kfb as one of the three knit stitches.

Yes, you do. The KFB accounts for your M1 and one of your Ks. So, for example, (M1, K, K, K) becomes (KFB, K, K). It should work using the calculator. I used it and converted everything by reducing the # of Ks by one in each sequence and mine came out with one extra stitches on the first increase, which I just didn't worry about, and then perfectly on the other increase rows. 

I hope that helps!

Lisa

Not Ranked
Posts 6
jrknits wrote
on Apr 4, 2013 9:34 PM

Donna, 

Yes the kf&b counts as one of the three knit stitches.  So think of it as increase on the third stitch, or knit 2 , increase, k2, inc…

Hope this helps

Janice

Not Ranked
Posts 4
SwitchItUp wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 8:01 AM

I made it to the waist. To solve my earlier underarm issues I added a forth section of rusching. I'll try it on one more time to ensure the fitting is correct. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Should on schedule to do the finishing next weekend.  

Not Ranked
Posts 3
DebC@6 wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 11:10 AM

HI Kathleen,

I'd like to join, but I can't figure out how.  Is just sending this all I need to do?

lilykarma

Not Ranked
Posts 14
coffeeforu2 wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 11:14 AM

I finally finished my sweater. This is my first KAL and my first sweater, and that's why it took me sooooo long to make.

Thanks for all of the wonderful tips. I added another runched section to the sleeves to make them a little longer to cover my deltoids (they are rather large). I did that by adding 16 stitches under the arm and then picking them all up and knitting front back increases all the way around and when it came time to decrease I did that by K1, K2 tog, for the first 5 st under the arm and then K2 tog the around until the last 5 stitches the same way.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
spixy1019 wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 11:27 AM

Figured I'd share my latest WIP photo (terrible lighting and webcam photo, but it gets the point across, and it's actually from a week and a half ago before I went on vacation). In the photo I'm to the end of the pattern, minus the garter edge, so I would be done now except I decided to be difficult and see how it would work out if I made it tunic-length to wear over leggings...might end up ripping it back but figured I'd see how it looks and decide when I get there :)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Sewdove wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 2:12 PM

Well, Coffeeforu2 (I love your ID)  You sure did a wonderful job.  The photo is so clear--every stitch is so even and beautiful!  I love the color and the way you added to the sleeves!  This tee is wonderful--I wore mine to church on Easter and received so many compliments!  I am really enjoying seeing all the different colors--I feel like doing one in each color!

Peggy D.

Not Ranked
Posts 14
coffeeforu2 wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 5:32 PM

Sewdove:

Well, Coffeeforu2 (I love your ID)  You sure did a wonderful job.  The photo is so clear--every stitch is so even and beautiful!  I love the color and the way you added to the sleeves!  This tee is wonderful--I wore mine to church on Easter and received so many compliments!  I am really enjoying seeing all the different colors--I feel like doing one in each color!

Peggy D.

Thank you so much. I loved doing it. I am a little slow at it, but with work and a new puppy it was not too slow. I love the sweater too and I am thinking about doing one for winter with long sleeves and a mix of two very thin yarns...any ideas on what yarns would work. I was thinking cashmere and silk or some other combo. What do you think?

Not Ranked
Posts 14
coffeeforu2 wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 5:33 PM

spixy1019:

Figured I'd share my latest WIP photo (terrible lighting and webcam photo, but it gets the point across, and it's actually from a week and a half ago before I went on vacation). In the photo I'm to the end of the pattern, minus the garter edge, so I would be done now except I decided to be difficult and see how it would work out if I made it tunic-length to wear over leggings...might end up ripping it back but figured I'd see how it looks and decide when I get there :)

Wow! Wonderful and I love the color. You are doing an excellent job.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 6, 2013 6:02 AM

Yes!  You can now be joined in. You are in the right place. Jeanie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 6, 2013 6:05 AM

Beautiful color and knitting!!  I am still on the ruching - it seems to be taking me forever. Jeanie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 6, 2013 6:07 AM

Your sweater looks great - another beautiful one! Jeanie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 19
daj48 wrote
on Apr 7, 2013 8:48 AM

I posted a couple of days ago to thank Lisa and Janice for the help on the increases but I don't see them.  Wonder what happened?  I finally got through the first set of increases and and it is going well.  Hopefully I can soon try it on to check for sizing.

Donna from Reston

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 19
daj48 wrote
on Apr 7, 2013 8:48 AM

I posted a couple of days ago to thank Lisa and Janice for the help on the increases but I don't see them.  Wonder what happened?  I finally got through the first set of increases and and it is going well.  Hopefully I can soon try it on to check for sizing.

Donna from Reston

Not Ranked
Posts 13
lisaelle wrote
on Apr 8, 2013 7:54 AM

daj48:

I finally got through the first set of increases and and it is going well.  Hopefully I can soon try it on to check for sizing.

Donna from Reston

So glad you got through the increases. I can't wait to see your WIP!

Lisa

Page 21 of 25 (363 items) « First ...  < Previous  19 20 21 22 23  Next >  ... Last » | RSS