The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

This post has 362 Replies | 42 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 86
Chris Essler wrote
on Apr 18, 2013 4:47 PM

Rayne...beautiful!  I liked your tip on the single crochet at the neckline.  I will try that.  I was thinking of I-cord to finish off the sleeves.

The varigated color almost looks as if it was done on purpose.  Unique effect!

I'm still knitting round and round on the body.  On April 24th I turn into a pumpkin I guess. My fear is that another KAL will happen and I'll dump this.  I think I have 36 UFO's.  I think I need a shrink. Huh?

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Apr 19, 2013 12:03 AM

I'm Done! Eliminated the Icord and single crocheted with a decorative closure. It does "bubble" a little in the back. If I were to knit it again, I would not increase as much on the back of the sweater. Makes sense as we have no "girls" on our backs.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 20, 2013 4:28 PM

Rayne, Beautiful knitting and color!  Good for you on doing the keyhole - I left it out as I was worried that I would mess it up. Jeanie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 20, 2013 4:31 PM

Claire, It fits you perfectly!  The knitting is excellent and you were clever to do the keyhole with crochet.  Am very close to the end and hope to finish tomorrow.  Jeanie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
StitchTech wrote
on Apr 21, 2013 3:11 PM

It's great seeing everyone's sweaters.  It keeps me pushing to finish.  I'm lagging a bit. I just got past the ruching.  I also modified mine to a cardigan, so I'm not going to decrease the waist, but add a bit more of an a-line flare.  Here's my progress.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
stitchellen wrote
on Apr 21, 2013 3:28 PM

What  yarn are you using?

Not Ranked
Posts 12
TerrieR wrote
on Apr 21, 2013 6:05 PM

Here's what I did to make up for "the girls" (aka Big Boobs!):  when it got to the point to set up for the sleeves, I moved them a bit to the "back" of the shirt, allowing for additional stitches in the front, as well as a slightly higher neckline in the back than in the front.  Then, when it came time for the decreases, I did about 2/3 of the decreases as written, the others I only did on the front, to decrease it back to be equal to the number of stitches in the back. 

When my daughter has some time, I'll try to get a picture of me in it.  Size is somewhere close to the next-to-largest size.  BTW, for those of you on ravelry, I'm NightowlKnitter, and I have a few more knitting notes on my project page.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
StitchTech wrote
on Apr 21, 2013 6:44 PM

stitchellen:

What  yarn are you using?

I'm using Dragonfly fibers Pixie in Titania.  It's a super wash merino in a fingering gauge.  The picture doesn't do the color justice.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
stitchellen wrote
on Apr 21, 2013 6:53 PM

I thought it looks like it might be fingering weight, which I think this pattern should have been designed for because of the ruching. What size needle did you use, and did you have to follow directions for a larger size in order to compensate for the finer yarn? I did not join this KA, but I do like the design a great deal. It's much too young for me (I'm nearly 80), but it would be perfect for one or more of my granddaughters.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
StitchTech wrote
on Apr 21, 2013 7:28 PM

I still ended up using size 6 needles, but the gauge ended up ok on the row count but about a quarter increase in the stitch count, so I'm following (loosely) the largest size to get the 42" size with a little ease for layering, I'm about a 40" bust.  I replaced the 6 stitch increase for the full round with a ten stitch (gage difference) garter button band on both sides.  I put one button at each garter section and I'm only going to have 4 buttons along the ruched section.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
StitchTech wrote
on Apr 21, 2013 7:31 PM

Also, I didn't bind off the sleeves, I knit them on separate shorter circular needles that I'll go back to when the body is complete to knit long sleeves.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 22, 2013 3:52 PM

TerrieR, Yours looks great!  I love the subtle color. I finished mine and will try and figure out how to post a photo of the back and the front.  This has been a fun KAL!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 86
Chris Essler wrote
on Apr 22, 2013 5:59 PM

These "T's" all look so beautiful.  Jeanie, yours fits perfectly!  I may still be knitting on the 24th, but I am bound to finish by the weekend and will post a picture...should be amusing.  Just not sure how this will turn out.  Claire, your yarn is great.  What yarn is that?  A fun KAL.  I can't wait to see what Kathleen comes up with next for the vote!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 22, 2013 7:17 PM

Chris, Thanks and good luck finishing! Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 6
jrknits wrote
on Apr 22, 2013 8:22 PM

Thanks to all for all the wonderful photos..  This was my first knit-along and the experience has been great. I am looking forward to the next....

Page 23 of 25 (363 items) « First ...  < Previous  21 22 23 24 25  Next > | RSS