The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

This post has 362 Replies | 42 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Amaasing wrote
on Apr 23, 2013 1:12 PM

Claire Frankel:
It does "bubble" a little in the back. If I were to knit it again, I would not increase as much on the back of the sweater. Makes sense as we have no "girls" on our backs

Claire I totally agree with you! Brilliant idea! I put it in my notes for next!!

I love all the pictures guys! Your projects are beautiful and I am continually inspired by everyone's thoughtful comments and encouragement to all!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic April day!

~ Amy in the Missouri Ozarks

Not Ranked
Posts 12
TerrieR wrote
on Apr 24, 2013 3:00 PM

JeanieH@6:

TerrieR, Yours looks great!  I love the subtle color. I finished mine and will try and figure out how to post a photo of the back and the front.  This has been a fun KAL!

Thanks, Jeanie!  Yours is beautiful, too--and muuuuch skinnier than mine ;-)  I would love to see the back of yours when you get around to posting that picture.   I still haven't gotten my daughter cornered to take pictures, but when I do, I will try to get a back picture as well.

I, too, have enjoyed the KAL, my first with Knitting Daily.  Here's to many more!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 24, 2013 8:08 PM

Thank you TerrieR!  Will get a photo of the back and post. Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Apr 25, 2013 12:08 PM

Thank you! 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 26, 2013 9:27 AM

Not Ranked
Posts 12
TerrieR wrote
on Apr 26, 2013 1:35 PM

niiice!   My daughter has been extra busy, but since it's only about 63 degrees out today, I don't mind wearing a long-sleeve tee instead.  Can't wait for warmer weather so I can wear mine!Big Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 2
herzleid wrote
on Apr 29, 2013 7:26 AM

I finally finished! It's the first larger knitting project I've done in years and I'm immensely proud of myself. I gave up knitting 15 years ago and only recently took it up again – and I don't understand how I could ever quit. Anyway, I loved the pattern and the colours I picked, even though I suspect the 10% merino content might make the top a little warm for summer wear. I didn't trust the waist shaping would fit me so I skipped the decreases and made increases for more of an A-line instead.

More details on my Ravelry page if anyone's interested: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/herzleid/ruched-yoke-tee---adult

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 283
sjc wrote
on Apr 30, 2013 5:50 PM

It's after the deadline but I just finished and blocked.  There were many modifications made to the basic pattern, not counting that I made it longer and added 3/4 length sleeves.  More detail on my Ravelry page http://www.ravelry.com/projects/mtknitting.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 30, 2013 8:21 PM

You should be proud - beautiful knitting!  I like the tunic look. Jeanie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 30, 2013 8:23 PM

I love it!  It looks great.  Wish I had put some sleeves but I have so many other projects going that I need to finish.  I may find a very lightweight top with sleeves to wear with mine in the cooler weather as mine is 50%wool.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
daj48 wrote
on May 1, 2013 7:20 PM

Have enjoyed looking at all the beautiful tees.  Life went a little haywire all knitting stopped.  Back at it again, motivated by everyone's work.  Approaching arm holes, hoping it goes easy.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Labs4Me wrote
on May 2, 2013 10:49 AM

It's really beautiful and I love the changes you made!  You can wear that neutral color with so much too.  I haven't finished mine yet.... I came late to the game and just got back from a trip to Boston.  Unfortunately, I can't knit and drive at the same time, so I'll have to get going again.  Just wanted to say good job!

Cheryl

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 76
Chris Essler wrote
on May 3, 2013 3:49 PM

Sherry -- I love it!  I really think the plain sleeves are so nice...the entire picture looks nice with daffodils and all, shame you cut your head off!  I will send a picture of mine (head and all) next week. I am at the bottom...finally!

Also, I hope your Mom is doing well.  Spring is finally here, so may you both enjoy it.  Chris

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 283
sjc wrote
on May 4, 2013 8:23 AM

Okay, Chris, here's the picture with my head on.  I was making such a serious face (not on purpose) that's why I cut my head off!  I'm doing well but my Mom is struggling.  The melanoma was removed but left her with an incision that goes down the side of her nose and around her lip into her mouth.  She won't take her pain pills and won't eat because it hurts.  I'll be able to spend the day with her tomorrow (as I did Thursday) and hopefully get her back on track.  My surgery is scheduled next Friday so she'd better get better soon.  Yes, the daffodils came up after a warm spell in March and then got frozen in April---typical Montana spring.  I cut a lot and brought them inside so we could enjoy them for a while.  I'll be glad to see your pic (with your head!) and I'm glad Jeffrey is doing better, even though he wouldn't go to the doctor.  Sounds like my mom and he have similar personalities--stubborn!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
stitchellen wrote
on May 4, 2013 9:32 AM

I love it! The sleeves make it wearable for us older folks, and they extend the wearing season. You model it so well, too..

Page 24 of 25 (363 items) « First ...  < Previous  21 22 23 24 25  Next > | RSS