The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

This post has 362 Replies | 42 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 2
noreill wrote
on May 4, 2013 1:41 PM

SJC,

Your top looks great.  I am also planning on adding sleeves.  I did not bind off the sleeves and am planning on going back and putting them on my needle and then picking up and knitting the 12 stitches that were cast on for the underarms.  Is that what you did.  This is my first garment and I think that will work, but I'm a little afraid to attempt it.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Nancy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 283
sjc wrote
on May 4, 2013 10:20 PM

noreill:

SJC,

Your top looks great.  I am also planning on adding sleeves.  I did not bind off the sleeves and am planning on going back and putting them on my needle and then picking up and knitting the 12 stitches that were cast on for the underarms.  Is that what you did.  This is my first garment and I think that will work, but I'm a little afraid to attempt it.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

That is what I did but I think I cast on eight stitches for the underarm sleeve.  However many it takes to be comfortable on you and should be the same number of stitches that were cast on for the underarm of the body. That leaves a gap that will be stitched together later.  I knit fourteen stitches of stockinette in the round and then decreased two stitches per five rows to taper after the elbow.  You wouldn't have to taper it if you don't want to.  Then I did the eight rows (I think) of garter stitch and sewed up the underarm gap from the cast on stitches of body and sleeve. I like the way it turned out, it looks nice and is comfortable to wear.  Good luck with yours.

Sherry

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 283
sjc wrote
on May 4, 2013 10:22 PM

OOPS, that should have been fourteen inches, not fourteen stitches!Surprise

Page 25 of 25 (363 items) « First ...  < Previous  21 22 23 24 25 | RSS