Are the Moderators still around??

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
on Mar 21, 2013 5:41 AM

I realise that it is probably inconvenient to keep track of everyone all the time to ensure that users are complying with the forum rules/guidelines, so please note that this post is merely a question, asked out of genuinely wondering what is happening.

I've just checked out the Admin post “Forum Etiquette and Rules”, and according to Section 1f:

Post your message in the appropriate forum area. Moderators may move your post if they feel it’s better suited to another area.

Uhm... I don't know about this. When I browse the forums, I see various topics spread randomly throughout EVERY area. This makes it kind of difficult to find what I am looking for, especially if I have a question but want to check if it has already been asked/answered before creating a new post.

So I'm wondering what happened to the moderators moving misplaced posts and taking care of duplicates? Maybe the layout of the forums page needs to be updated or something, so that people can see more clearly where they should be posting? As I said, it is just a question. I just want to know what has happened to the moderators. Hmm

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 32
SystemAdministrator
tiffwarble wrote
on Aug 19, 2013 12:09 PM

Sorry for the delay in getting back. I wish we had the time to move posts into more relevant spots, but for the most part I am just barely able to maintain the spam issues on the site. If something is way out of place let us know, and we'll do our best to stay on top. Thanks for your message.

Tiffany
Knitting Daily Audience Development
F+W Media

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 312
on Nov 11, 2013 12:40 PM

Alexandra Gabriel:
I've just checked out the Admin post “Forum Etiquette and Rules”, and according to Section 1f:

Post your message in the appropriate forum area. Moderators may move your post if they feel it’s better suited to another area.

Uhm... I don't know about this. When I browse the forums, I see various topics spread randomly throughout EVERY area. This makes it kind of difficult to find what I am looking for, especially if I have a question but want to check if it has already been asked/answered before creating a new post.

Agreed.  This forum is a mess.  When stuff doesn't get moved to the appropriate topic, it

1) is hard to find/read/respond to and

2) only encourages further posting in the wrong areas.

I've noticed an ever decreasing amount of traffic on this forum and believe users have left finding other forums, including KnittingHelp.com and Ravelery.com, much more user friendly and helpful.  (that is not intended to be a plug, just an observation)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS