Conversion chart for sock size stitched

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
cghoel wrote
on Mar 25, 2013 11:14 AM

HI:

I am new to this site and would like to ask a question.  Do any of you have or have seen a conversion chart for sock sizes?

A salesperson at a local knot shop had one (didn't ask her to share)  that identified sock cast on, heel size, gussets stitches, etc. for size 2-4 4-8,  adults.

It was in chart form and certainly could benefit me or others.

Carla R

Michigan

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 192
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
Anne Merrow wrote
on Mar 26, 2013 1:06 PM

That sounds like something in Ann Budd's book The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. It includes cast-on numbers and directions broken out by size and gauge.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
cghoel wrote
on Mar 26, 2013 2:36 PM

Anne:

Thank you so much for the response.  I have that book and it is very helpful.  However, I am working on magic loops and the conversion chart in the book is for DPs.

Have you seen or know of any conversion chart/s for magic loop socks?  The one that the salesperson had was for magic loop and went by kids, etc. sizes for the cast on, heel flap, gusset stitches, etc.

It certainly would make it a lot easier to have something like that.

Carla

Not Ranked
Posts 8
pboy wrote
on Mar 24, 2014 12:35 PM

I found one in the free e-book 'How to Knit Socks: Free Sock Patterns and Instructions to Learn How to Knit a Sock'.

It has Child size and Adult. It does not really matters if it is for DPN or magic loop. For magic loop you put your instep on one cable and sole on the other.

Guide is called TOE-UP SOCK GUIDE.

Pascale

Not Ranked
Posts 5
frank jhon wrote
on Mar 27, 2014 4:40 AM

You can see knittingpardise. It keeps chart information in various threads.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS