Call for Toe and Heel Constrution Methods

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Apr 4, 2013 8:42 AM

Hi everyone,

Long-time lurker...

O.k. so, I am looking for any and all methods of shaping sock toes and heels.  I am researching for a book proposal and would like to find toe and heel methods to include in the book.  Send me your old, send me your new, send me whatever you have, even if you just made it up.  Creators of certain construction methods would, of course, receive credits in the book, if it ever gets published.  To be honest, I am in sock hell. In a quest to create the perfect sock for myself, (long story, and shapely legs...) I have set about trying different toe and heel constructions only to become discouraged before the sock really gets started.  Nothing I have found , especially for toes, seems to be just right.  And, let me say that my book and pattern collection is on the verge of being obnoxious.  It seems to me that for other sock knitters like me a compendium of all things heel and toe related compiled into one book would be very beneficial to the sock knitters' community.  Besides, all of my sock yarn is sufficiently aged and I need work socks.  Would anyone help?

Rebecca

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Pekingduk wrote
on Jan 28, 2014 12:26 PM

The best fitting, fastest, easiest heel I've ever used has been the Fish Lips Kiss heel. I'm not the creator, but the pattern can be found online. Give it a try, it's awesome. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Pekingduk wrote
on Jan 28, 2014 12:27 PM

The best fitting, fastest, easiest heel I've ever used has been the Fish Lips Kiss heel. I'm not the creator, but the pattern can be found online. Give it a try, it's awesome. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS