YO K2tog Question

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
oliver705 wrote
on Apr 7, 2013 6:38 PM

I am working on a pattern that is on a circular needle and the whole round is yo, k2tog.  I am not sure if I start the first stitch as a yarn over then knit the next 2 together.  Can anyone clarify as this is my first yarn over experience.  I have looked at some videos online but they show in the middle of a row and it is not exactly clear to me.  Also it seems that I will retain the original number of stitches, right?

Thanks so much

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 7, 2013 8:34 PM

hi oliver705,

well if your pattern doesn't have an asterisk for a repeating sequence of stitches then you would start your round with the yo.  Is there a stitch before the yo, k2tog  for ex. k2, *yo, k2tog (repeat from * to end of round)?  If not then just do as it says and when you finish the round you'll end with the k2tog and you will begin the next round with yo, k2tog. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
oliver705 wrote
on Apr 7, 2013 9:35 PM

Thanks.  I think I have it figured out now.  I appreciate the fast reply.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 8, 2013 3:10 PM

Good for you!  Have a wonderful day. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS