an old knitting pattern

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Ailsa marien wrote
on Apr 15, 2013 10:21 PM

Hi everyone I am looking for a pattern of a sweater that I knitted many years ago all I can remember about it is

You knit the rib as normal and than the rest of the sweater is knitted on 15 stitches at a time and I think 15 rows which forms a lovely shell pattern you then picked up 15 stitches from the shell pattern knit these 15 stitches and 15 rows and continue in this maner for rest of Sweater.

The sweater was round neck ,long sleaves I think it was on a leaflet and the colour was yellow

That is about all the information I can remember except it was gorgeous when finished

Would really appreciate it if someone has this pattern

Cheers Ailsa

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 16, 2013 9:25 PM

Dear Alisa,

Do you by any chance think you can remember the brand of yarn the leaflet was for?  If so, then you could possibly track the pattern through the brand.  I'm sorry, I don't have any other info.  I just remember that those leaflets promote the yarn companies.  Maybe someone else here as an idea. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Ailsa marien wrote
on Apr 18, 2013 12:42 AM

Hi ZassZ

I am not sure but I think it was a Sirdar wool and I have spent lots of tme  looking on net  but as yet no luck

Thanks Ailsa

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 18, 2013 2:15 AM

Hi Alisa, 

I'll help you look on the net.  If I find anything I'll let you know.  Computer

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS