Just a quick hello

This post has 1 Reply | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
on May 1, 2013 4:59 AM

Hi, my name is Lizzie and I am from North-west England. I knitted years ago when the kids were small, now 27 & 29, and patterns were not as interesting:(

life got busy and the needles were consigned to the attic. Recently we adopted a skinny little dog who required an extra layer to warm his bones and I visited a Farmers Market and bought him a 'doggy jumper' which he loves:)

Even though it was reasonably priced I decided that I would 'have a go' at knitting (& crocheting) more for him, as we are keen campers and it can be chilly even in midsummer, and set off with my first attempt. The knitting needles from over two decades ago have been brought back to life, and I also find the art if knitting is 'never forgotten or lost' and it is so therapeutic alongside my job as a registered nurse.

As well as his assortment of jumpers and coats, I am knitting smaller items to sell at our regular craft fairs at the hospital, to raise money for our 'blue skies' charity and I intend knitting chemo caps and items for 'prem babies' as gifts. I have started a 'knitting bee' at work which is called 'if it's good enough for Madonna........' As she is a keen knitter also.

links to patterns for pet items, chemo caps and prem baby items would be appreciated:)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on May 1, 2013 6:50 PM

Hi Lizzie, 

So nice to hear from you.  I really enjoyed reading your post.  I hear the call for additional wardrobe for your little dog.  He is very cute!  Great that your adopting him got you knitting again.  Did he pick you out? 

I'll send some of the links you asked for a little later on and hope you have a wonderful time with your new little friend 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS