Pat Trexler Pattern

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 3
nanozee wrote
on May 31, 2013 8:04 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have all the yarn for a Pat Trexler pattern "Anything Goes" but I can't find the pattern.  Since Pat has passed away some time ago, no one seems to have an archive of her patterns.  Can anyone help me out--it's really a lovely sweater vest made with several colors.

Many thanks.

nanozee

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MaryP@39 wrote
on Jul 21, 2013 1:57 PM

Hi, 

I am Mary, and I have been knitting for many years.  Some time ago, my mother ran across a guidebook of sorts.  Pat's Pocketbook Guide of Interchangeable Yarns.  This is a great resource; however, it is outdated probably having been published in either the 1950s or 60s.  Does anyone know of another such resource?  It showed many many different types of yarn, but of course since then, many more yarns have entered the market.  I have such a hard time when deciding which yarn to purchase if a particular pattern calls for a specific type, but the store doesn't carry it.  I know about the weights, but would love to know more specifically which yarns can be substituted with an excellent result.  I had no idea that Pat passed away.  Wish I could have contacted her for an update one before she died.  She must have been an excellent knitter.

Thanks everyone.

Mary

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Sep 5, 2013 8:23 AM

I have the pattern!  Am working on my third vest now...love them.  My pattern is in sad shape, but readable.  How can I get it to you?

readnknit

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Sep 5, 2013 11:08 AM

Nanozee,

On second thought,  I got the pattern from a yarn shop in Randolph NH called Grandview.  This was about 18 years ago, but I spoke with the owner about the pattern a couple of weeks ago and i'm quite sure that she still has it.  You can reach her at  www.grandviewlodgeandcabins.com  

Good luck and happy knitting,

Catherine

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS