Knitting Entrelac

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 3
rayearth wrote
on Jun 10, 2013 2:41 AM
Hai, I'm eria. i try to learn knitting entrelac with pattern. but it came curly. i had tried to knit entrelac with mutliply 5 without pattern it came good. i want to ask, where is the mistake? i already try knit it loose and tight, but it came same. Thank you.
Eria
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 693
salmonmac wrote
on Jun 11, 2013 5:49 AM

I'm not sure where the curling is occurring, in the stockinette (which does curl) or in the whole first few rows curling or wrapping around the needle? Here's a tutorial that may help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOEXPLY2EDg

Not Ranked
Posts 3
rayearth wrote
on Jun 11, 2013 7:21 AM

Thank's for the video. The curling is in the stockinette. I will try reknit it again. if i still can't solve the problem, i will attach my work.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 693
salmonmac wrote
on Jun 11, 2013 5:30 PM

Well, stockinette does curl and there's not so much to do for that in entrelac except in blocking. It's not you. When you pick up sts for the next tier, that'll flatten out the previous triangles or rectangles. A little bit of curl gives the overall piece a 3-dimensional look that's quite nice.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
rayearth wrote
on Jun 13, 2013 9:14 AM

Hai. Thank for your advice. already reknit it. I have my base triangle n first tier. Look like turn little curly. I attach the pic for you see it.I

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS