Dahlia Cardigan by Heather Zoppetti

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 6
jewelry2 wrote
on Jun 28, 2013 10:00 PM

This pattern was in the Fall 2011 Interweave Knits.  Has anyone else knit this sweater?  I am having a major problem with the pattern and can't continue.  You are told to knit the Lace Panel first; then the Right Back and Side; and finally the Lower Back.  Then you put the Lace Panel back on the needle with the Lower Back and then you join all three with a row of stitches.  On the next row (with all 3 panels joined) you stop at the end of the Lower Back and next row is for Lower BAck.  What I need to know is what happens to the lace block and the right back and side?  I'm not a super knitter so I'm at a loss here.  Can anyone help?  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 614
salmonmac wrote
on Jun 29, 2013 5:02 AM

It's not just that you end one row with the Lower back, turn and begin the next row with the Lower back?

I'm not sure if this will help but it makes the unusual construction a little clearer.

http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/daily/archive/2011/08/24/sweater-workshop-the-dahlia-cardigan.aspx

Hopefully, somone with the pattern will come by and be able to answer your post.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
jewelry2 wrote
on Jul 1, 2013 12:07 AM

Thanks for your answer so quickly.  I hope someone has knit this before and can help me with this.  I thought it would knit across all three pieces to finish the section, but there is no mention of the remainder of the two other sections.  Maybe the artist, Heather Zoppetti, might read this and send an answer.  Hopefully someone who has made this pattern will contact me and share the solution.  If so, I will share this with all of you so you will have the answer if you decide to knit this beautiful sweater.Wink

Not Ranked
Posts 6
jewelry2 wrote
on Jul 1, 2013 12:07 AM

Thanks for your answer so quickly.  I hope someone has knit this before and can help me with this

Not Ranked
Posts 4
kheister wrote
on Jul 1, 2013 12:49 PM

I have knit the Dahlia, but I'm not sure I understand your question.

As I recall, you knit from the center back both upper and lower and then put the live stitches from the upper and the live stitches from the side of the lace panel and the live stitches from the lower back all on one needle and knit across. Then you pick up the center back stitches and knit the other direction until you get far enough to meet the lace panel edge and do the other side. Not sure if that helps.

If you are on Ravelry, there are many, many Dahlia projects and posts about the cardigan.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS