help needed please

This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
pbernhard3 wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 8:32 PM

I bought the 2013 Sockupied e-mag yesterday and I've run into an abbreviation that I'm not familiar with.  It appears on Page 6 and refers to the simple chevron pattern on the "stitch patters" button.  On Rnd 1, the bracketed note gives a [k1,fb] 2 times.  What is the fb??  I couldn't find it in any of my "helper" abbrev. either!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Irene11 wrote
on Jul 11, 2013 7:27 AM

I found this on-line.

Question - I have a pattern for a mug cozy and it says Kfb i no the k is knit but i have no idea what to do for the fb thing. Please help!

Answer - It is an increase stitch.
You will put your needle into the back of the stitch first, pull up a loop on the right needle, keep the original stitch on the left needle, then you will knit normally a knit stitch using the same stitch on the left needle.

Hope that helps!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
cottonhills wrote
on Jul 11, 2013 7:45 PM

I don't have the issue but fb = front and back. So [k1, fb] means knit 1 in front and back. This is an increase method. Does this make sense in your pattern? 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS