Welcome Douglas!

This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 32
SystemAdministrator
tiffwarble wrote
on Aug 19, 2013 12:15 PM
I accidently removed this post, my deepest apologies and a big welcome!
Tiffany
dougstuff wrote
on Sat, Aug 10 2013 2:15 PM

Hi, my name is Douglas. I'm just beginning to knit, trying to teach myself. I bought a "I taught myself knitting" kit at my local Joanns store and am practicing knits and purls right now. I'm a big fan of Euny Jang and Knitting Daily... I like to teach myself things and enjoy these types of programs.

I like to sew and for the same reasons have set myself up with a nice machine - I'm a fan of "Quilt in a Day" and "Sewing with Nancy" tv programs (to name a few), I'm making my own clothes now.

As to my personal bio... I'm a single (and solo) parent, two boys that I've raised myself, so, I have much inspiration. Without a 'mom' in the picture, I find myself having to fill in the blanks, so to speak, to give my boys a well-rounded foundation... plus, these projects tend to keep me out of trouble and help me focus on the important things in life.

I hope I can stick with it all and I look forward to being part of this forum. Please be patient with me... I work a full-time job and have many responsibilities outside my hobby life so time is at a premium with me. I tend to have too many projects going on at once and spread myself too thin; your help in keeping me focused is appreciated.

Thanks for having me and I look forward to meeting you all!

Douglas <3

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS