Page 7 of Knitting for Beginners: 6 Easy Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
LibbiC wrote
on Sep 9, 2013 5:12 PM

The pattern is easy but the instructions a bit confusing.  Once I understood that the author neglected to say some things I got it going. BUT the next part is this: 

Next row: K9. Cast off 13 sts. K9.
Join a 2nd ball of yarn to first 9 sts. Working both sides at same time, cont in garter st (knit every row) until strips from cast off edge measure 11⁄4 ins [3 cm]. Cast off . Sew ends of back strips tog. Sew side of strips to cast off edge of Slipper. Sew center front seam to marked row. Sew toe closed.

now how do I knit two strips at the sme time? Four needles as in the round?  Row one on right strip then row one on left strip? Grow another pair of hands? 

Any help appreciated....

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 312
on Sep 9, 2013 7:51 PM

Nope, still just two needles.

At the end of your knit row, turn your work.  Knit back on the WS (9sts) as directed.  When you hit the gap (from prior 13st CO) drop your working yarn.  Join a new ball of yarn to the other 9sts and knit across them.  Turn work and repeat on RS, always using the yarn that is attached to that block of sts and dropping it and switching to the other yarn when you work the other block of 9sts. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
LibbiC wrote
on Sep 9, 2013 8:50 PM
Okay.. That makes more sense. Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS