Hi having difficulties with vintage pattern for womens lace booties

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 11
vicky789 wrote
on Oct 12, 2013 5:12 PM

Hi group I have a pattern from :  http://www.freevintageknitting.com/baby-patterns/spool197/baby..The pattern is a Mom and Baby set No 5250.

I am knitting the Bed Socks for myself. 

I have followed the pattern up too Yoke pattern (changing needles as specified) until 3rd pattern is completed, then work 1st, 2nd, 3rd rows again.  Bind off (bottom of foot) 

Do I knit the 1, 2nd and 3rd until it measures the size of my foot? then bind off? 

Sincerely and confused VickyTongue Tied

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 627
salmonmac wrote
on Oct 14, 2013 6:31 AM

If you don't needl very many rows to make the slippers fit your foot, then repeat rows 1-3. If you think that you can repeat the entire yoke pattern, rows 1-10,  and then finiish with the garter stitch rows 1-3, go ahead and do that. I assumr you're working on the sole of the slipper now and for myself, I'd prefer the repeat of rows 1-3 on the sole.

http://freevintageknitting.com/baby-patterns/spool197/baby-set-no5250-pattern

Not Ranked
Posts 11
vicky789 wrote
on Oct 14, 2013 4:07 PM

Hi Salmonac: If I just knit the rows 1-3, I believe ( and I sort put the knitting to my foot) it will be tight and not fit. 

So if I try the row 1-10, would I continue that until I think the size may fit?  also it says in row 10 k2 tog, then do I bind  off the foot? 

I am still confused.  Tongue Tied

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 627
salmonmac wrote
on Oct 15, 2013 5:09 AM

Since there's an increase all across row 4 and then the k2tog all across row 10, it would look best if you can complete the pattern through row 10, then finish with a few garter stitch rows. If you need another repeat of the pattern rows 1-10, then go ahead and do that.  It depends on how many inches more you need. You might also think about shorteining the pattern between rows 5 -9 if you think the complete 10+ rows will make the slippers too long. It's probably best to bind off after the final 3 garter st rows.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
vicky789 wrote
on Oct 15, 2013 3:56 PM

Big Smile Hi I got it finally!  I do the rows to 1-10 and then continue until your foot size.  The increase and the decrease makes up part of the pattern. 

Thank you so much Big Smile

Vicky

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS