Posts 63
bubbysmom77 wrote
on Feb 16, 2014 11:42 AM

Cool - thanks. 😊

Not Ranked
Posts 4
JudiP@2 wrote
on Mar 1, 2014 11:57 PM

Hi, everybody.  I'm Judi and I'm so glad I found you guys!  I've been enjoying this pattern enormously, but I'm confused at the moment and I'm sure it's because I'm not thinking straight!

I've passed the armhole split, and I've done the decrease rows to shape the underarm.  I have the right number of stitches (I'm making size medium, so it's supposed to be 58), and was really looking forward to the next 29 rows, which should be a dream because no more waist shaping Big Smile, but I'm stymied because I'm not going to end up with the right stitch count before starting the collar short rows.  

Here's why:  in this section, you're maintaining the bias stitch pattern by doing increases and decreases on either side of just one 5-stitch panel.  So on rows 1 and 9, you make 1 on one side of the panel and decrease on the other side, for a net gain of 0 stitches.  And on rows 5 and 13, you make 1 on each side of the panel for a net gain of 2 stitches.  Over the course of the 29 rows, you're going to knit four of the 2-stitch-increase rows, for a total of 8 stitches gained.  But according to the pattern, you start with 58 stitches and end with 62.  That's only an increase of 4 stitches, clearly, so I'm going to end up with 4 stitches too many.  Am I misunderstanding how to maintain the bias rib in this section, or what?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 63
bubbysmom77 wrote
on Apr 11, 2014 10:43 PM

Hi Judi, I just happened to check back here because I FINALLY finished my sweater. Sorry no one was here to answer your questions - I hope you read back and figured it out. This pattern is not written very clearly. Any way. I'm about to post a pic of my finished sweater. Even though I don't think anyone is still checking the forum. :-) good luck with yours!!  

Not Ranked
Posts 4
JudiP@2 wrote
on Apr 19, 2014 1:23 PM

Thanks for the encouragement!  I read through everything and apparently I'm the only one with this problem.  No worries, though, I'm just going to have a wider lapel.  I don't think it will hurt a thing.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
JudiP@2 wrote
on May 2, 2014 9:55 AM

Big Smile I figured out why my stitch count was off.  At the armhole split, I charted out line-by-line where the increases and decreases should go, and I messed up TWO of the rows!  I'm surprised the stitch count and total shaping wasn't even worse!  I did it right on the other side, and everything worked perfectly.

On a related note, there have been a lot of comments in the knit-along about the pattern being unclear, but I respectfully (yet strongly) disagree.  The pattern is fine.  It just requires careful attention.  I'm not yet done with my jacket, and I'm not sure it's going to fit -- measuring gauge with ribbing is an art -- but the design is gorgeous and the attention to detail is extremely impressive.  I will be seeking out Ashley Rao patterns from this point forward!

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Becky1217 wrote
on May 22, 2014 6:51 PM

My name is Becky and I'm knitting the pattern with Stroll Sport from Knitpicks in Duchess Heather.  I'm a little nervous about doing the hem. If anyone has any tips to make it easier to do, please let me know. Thanks!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,488
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on May 23, 2014 4:44 PM

Becky1217:

My name is Becky and I'm knitting the pattern with Stroll Sport from Knitpicks in Duchess Heather.  I'm a little nervous about doing the hem. If anyone has any tips to make it easier to do, please let me know. Thanks!

Hey, Becky! Welcome aboard.

Please pop over to the official forum for the Kayleen KAL—there are lots of posts about the hem (it's easy, don't be nervous) there. That's where you should be posting and reading about this particular KAL.

See you there!

Kathleen

Not Ranked
Posts 8
lynda prucha wrote
on Jun 14, 2014 7:50 PM

Love the yarn where do I get. It

Not Ranked
Posts 8
lynda prucha wrote
on Jun 14, 2014 7:50 PM

Love the yarn where do I get. It