Eunny Jang!

This post has 55 Replies | 15 Followers rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 11
saitkin wrote
on Nov 8, 2013 8:25 AM

Where isEunny going? I will miss her so much on "Knitting Daily TV" . She is so easy to listen to and take direction from, so down to earth and believable. I  wish her luck in her new endeavor.

Who is Vickie Howell and what is her back ground?

Thanks Kathleen for yourKnitting Daily help and news,

Susan

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Nov 8, 2013 11:17 AM

I was wondering the same thing.  She is truly a master knitter and I have learned so much from her.  I have purchased several seasons and her Entrelac workshop DVD.  I reverse and reverse until I get it.  I hope they keep Clara Parkes, as I have so much from her also, in which yarn to use for a project.  Vickie Howell was the host of Knitty Gritty.  It was on several years ago on DYI channel.  She didn't really knit but had guests showing their techniques.  Most were designers and had books out.  It was ok, but not nearly as good as KD.  I hope Eunny continues with workshop DVD's!!!!!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 8
on Nov 8, 2013 1:00 PM

Where is Eunny??  I loved her clear instructions.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Beaniebrat wrote
on Nov 8, 2013 9:16 PM

Vickie Howell is an awesome knitter as well. She used to host "Knitty Gritty."  She got me to pick up the needles to start with back in 2008. I missed her advice when it went off the air in my area.  Eunny Jang was refreshing to find. Her attention to detail and ability to make concepts easier to learn are excellent but no worries.  You'll be in good hands with Vickie Howell too.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,500
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Nov 15, 2013 3:24 PM

Hi Susan,

Eunny is at Craftsy now. Check it out at Craftsy.com.

Vickie Howell is a designer, knitter, and crocheter who used to host Knitty Gritty on PBS. She has a yarn line with Yarnspirations/Bernat, and she's an all around fiber enthusiast.

She's lots of fun and she has an enormous amount of knowledge, and we're so excited to have her on KDTV.

Happy knitting,

Kathleen

Not Ranked
Posts 3
YPH wrote
on Dec 10, 2013 8:46 PM

Like Susan and others, I will miss Eunny. I learn some much from her simple, straightforward clarity with giving directions. I've been a devoted watcher of knitting shows including Knitty Gritty, but Eunny on Knitting Daily has been the best. Boy and I going to miss her. I do remember being a devoted watcher to Knitty Gritty, but I got to admit, Eunny and the Knitting Daily show was much better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks Kathleen for the update. Now if I can just get the 1200 series to play on the PBS channel, I'll be set. YPH

Not Ranked
Posts 1
binko55 wrote
on Dec 26, 2013 2:57 AM

I will miss Eunny soooo much.  Her instructions and techniques were so well presented.  Thank you Eunny.  I do miss Vickie's Knitty Gritty show.  I only caught a few of them.  Good luck to her.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Feb 15, 2014 9:05 PM

I just found Eunny on PBS and am so upset about her not doing Knitting Daily. There seems to be many changes with Knitting Daily on my e mail and on TV. Very sad not a fan anymore

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Feb 15, 2014 9:05 PM

I just found Eunny on PBS and am so upset about her not doing Knitting Daily. There seems to be many changes with Knitting Daily on my e mail and on TV. Very sad not a fan anymore

Not Ranked
Posts 11
saitkin wrote
on Feb 16, 2014 9:18 AM

I agree!

Both the TV show and the Kitting Daily e-mail have changed and not to the good. The e-mail is mostly selling something. The TV show just isn't as interesting, educational and easy to watch. I am really sad too! Unfortunately there aren't many knitting shows on TV, I will give it a little longer but may not be recording Knitting Daily any longer.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
YPH wrote
on Feb 17, 2014 5:18 PM

Don't know why the series 1200 with Vicky H. only plays about 2 shows a month on my PBS stations but so far, not a fan of it either.  Too much talking about how to do a knitting/crocheting technique and not much of actually showing the viewers how it's done. Bring back Eunny!  Makes the show very boring. I still tape it so I can fast forward the talky sections.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
mmseeger wrote
on Feb 17, 2014 5:34 PM

I also miss the old format for the program.  I miss Eunny and her teaching style very much ....I felt that I was being encouraged to try things that I felt were far to difficult for me.....and yet I was able to succeed.  I also crochet and found that things such as the Chain Reaction afghan motifs and Kristin's crochet ideas/methods were also challenging.  

The current program is dummying down on the learning process...I don't really have any other knowledge of Ms Howell.....I'm willing to give the program a chance ....but without improvements for the next season, you will have lost a viewer.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Feb 18, 2014 8:27 AM

I couldn't wait for our PBS to air the show, so I bought the DVD.  What a waste!  This show is now Knitty Gritty Redux, including her walking across the set at the beginning of the show.  Not only is the show now very simplistic, they are also giving out bad info.  The first episode on Cables, for instance, Vickie asked the designer if she was using the cable cast on because it's a stretchy cast on.  Really?  Perhaps Vicki and Lisa Schroyer, Designer and Editor of Knits, should have watched past seasons of KD, because she was demonstrating a dropped stitch pattern, and didn't use the special bind off to compensate for the extra width created by the dropped stitch.  Lisa also demonstrated a shawl she designed, and Vicki commented on the built in I-cord as so clever and had never seen it before.  Elizabeth Zimmerman had it in her 1989 book "Knitting Around".  One of the most outrageous things, was in the Charity episode, when they said to knit hats for the troops and to be sure to use Acrylic.  That is DANGEROUS.  Acrylic melts when it's burned.  They should rethink baby items for the same reason.  The Tools of the Trade segment is a waste of time.  I can't believe they replaced Clara Parkes with this Tanis Gray, who just keeps saying "this yarn has great stitch definition".  Waste of time.  The Skype segment is boring.

I really miss the old show.  Eunny is a Master Knitter, and I believe I learned something new from every show.  I also liked the fact that the techniques she taught coincided with Knit Wear Magazine, ie, short rows, Intarsia, Kitchener.  She would also wear the sweaters in the magazine, which made me want to knit them, seeing how they move on the body.  I'm so glad I have a lot of the old shows on my DVR and have a few of the DVD's of the show.  I also highly recommend the DVD of Eunny Entrelac Workshop. 

Someone said the show is dumbed down,  or how about just dumb.  I watch because I want to learn and the new season just doesn't do it.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Mezzah88 wrote
on Feb 18, 2014 9:10 PM

Agreed!  I just watched Howell's charity episode, and she didn't pick up a needle or hook once to demonstrate a technique.  I'm all for having a guest on the episode, but so far guests are what she relies on to get through the show.  The show is just way too choppy; jumping from one guest to the next.  I was hoping that Howell would bring a funky edge to the show, but so far I'm not impressed.  I miss Eunny!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Colchester wrote
on Feb 28, 2014 10:02 AM

Bring back Eunny and the old format at any price, please.  The new season with Vicki is absolutely "dumbed" down with no substance, no focus, no connection to devoted viewers.  The episodes are all "show and tell".  Segments don't help viewers grow their knitting skills.   Eunny provided interesting techniques for the every day knitter.  Vicki's Skype segments serve no purpose.  The segment today on lace work had lots of opportunities for interesting elements to  be shown in several tutorials.  However,  that was all glossed over with a segment on a jabot/ascot design that lost it's purpose in the focus on tools (this would have made 2 interesting segments instead of jumping back and forth); also, the crocheting a doily edge segment has been shown before and much better in the old show format.  WOW,  I would have much rather seen a tutorial segment on the stitchwork in the shawls/shrugs.  But that opportunity was lost.   Why, Knitting Daily, would you revamp a format that worked and lose an extraordinary asset like Eunny?  Vicki's Knitty Gritty format does not work for the established Eunny Knitting Daily format.  You've lost a devoted viewer.

Page 1 of 4 (56 items) 1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS