Eunny Jang!

This post has 55 Replies | 15 Followers rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Dacebo wrote
on Jun 29, 2014 11:44 AM

While Vickie is good, Eunny is awesome. Please bring back Eunny Jang! I have stopped recording knitting Daily. It's just not as good.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Dacebo wrote
on Jun 29, 2014 11:46 AM

Bring back Eunny!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Susan@180 wrote
on Jul 19, 2014 9:31 AM
Sadly, I totally agree! I sure am missing the old show. Where I was not only inspired but learned so many useful techniques. Taught by a true master knitter with a very special gift to teach. I have given up on the new show. It is a waste of my time. I tried to like it. Fortunately I did not buy the DVD!! But I continue to ~ make time for yarn everyday!
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Susan@180 wrote
on Jul 19, 2014 9:31 AM
Sadly, I totally agree! I sure am missing the old show. Where I was not only inspired but learned so many useful techniques. Taught by a true master knitter with a very special gift to teach. I have given up on the new show. It is a waste of my time. I tried to like it. Fortunately I did not buy the DVD!! But I continue to ~ make time for yarn everyday!
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jul 19, 2014 3:06 PM

I used to look forward to Sat.a.m.'s with Euny...now I can sleep in! Vickie Howell seems like such an amateur, altho I hear she is accomplished...not for TV! What's with the Skype? Today was an interview asking what is a Podcast! How dumb does she think her viewers are? Her nearly black fingernail polish makes me nauseous. Her guests show the finished project, not many knitting skills are shown. The last segment shows what different yarns are made of etc....this is what you go to a yarn store for.....the yarns she shows seem exotic, nothing I would use, but then I'm not that good a knitter. 

I would set the alarm to watch Euny...so professional and worth watching,  I miss her and wait for the other shows which are great except for the last show...the lady who shakes her finger at you and throws scraps over her shoulder and talks to you like a grade school teacher. But she is an expert in her field so I just have to try and ignore her mannerisms.  Have I vented too much? 

Whatever the reason Euny left are none of our business, since it sounds like business, but I wish the PBS could have found a way to keep her...It's one reason I subscribe to PBS,

Not Ranked
Posts 1
dlr356 wrote
on Jul 21, 2014 10:59 AM

I binge watched about 30 KDTV this weekend, and had 10 newer episodes left to watch.  I hate to say it, but I deleted them.  The new format is useless.  That Space to Space part is absolutely of no use whatsoever.  I learned things when I watched the old format-crochet, knitting.  Now, the only useful part is the tools section, and I am not going to waste DVR space just on that (I already have too many tools as it is).  I guess the new format is designed to attract new knitters, but it is us established knitters who spend!  I am interested in learning new things, and sign up for Craftsy classes on Brioche, Steeking, Tunisian Crochet, etc. And I learned about those things in the first place by watching KDTV.

Best of luck with the next generation. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Pldemirjian wrote
on Jul 21, 2014 2:29 PM

Please bring back Eunny. Vickie's show is not nearly as informative. Instructions and techniques are glossed over in favor of "socializing". The space to space segment are STUPID!!  There is nothing to be gained from them. Tannis does not have much to offer either. How many types of stitch markets does one need to learn about. Clara gave useful information and really showed the real characteristics of the different yarns and when to use them. 

Bring back the old show. I'm done with the new!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Pldemirjian wrote
on Jul 21, 2014 2:40 PM

Oh I forgot to mention I cannot stand to look at Tanis's disgusting chewed fingernails and hangnails. She shows products but doesn't give specifics as to what exactly they are called or where to get them. 

Sorry I have vented so much, but...

Not Ranked
Posts 5
syl1234 wrote
on Jul 22, 2014 6:36 PM

Bring back Euny Jang   and the whole group.  They were the BEST!   I am a avid knitter and buyer of interweave products  but am so sad to not see  Euny and all   It is hard to be buying as before.  

Not Ranked
Posts 4
PriscillaB wrote
on Aug 12, 2014 2:35 PM

I absolutely agree with what Colchester wrote on Feb. 28 -- and many other to follow.  Eunny was so knowledgeable about her craft and was good at showing details.  The guests were most enlightening and all in all it was a terrific PBS knitting show.  I looked forward to seeing it and learning a new tip or two every time. 

I realize that people move on, hopefully to bigger and better things, and I wish Eunny well in her new pursuits.  However, I am so surprised that Knitting Daily is so willing to "dumb down" their program.  Just having show and tell does not cut the mustard for those of us who really want to learn something.  Even the technology doesn't work well -- the camera to camera segments are often blurred and fuzzy.  Why go down so much in quality?

I know that Vicki Howell has come to knitting by a very circuitous route, but if she is indeed as talented as some say she is, then why not let her show it? 

I guess I'll never know if Knitting Daily makes a change, or if Vicki changes her style, because I am now a lost viewer of Knitting Daily.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
ldioletto wrote
on Sep 17, 2014 10:25 PM

Producers at Interweave, hope you're heeding our cries! As so many have already posted, this new show/format simply is not working. Whether you can bring Eunny back is one thing, but at least, the caliber of her knowledge, depth in the demonstrations, and ultimate inspirations to knitters/crocheters seasoned and novices alike, these standards can all be upheld in a new show. This current version with VH is in no way inspiring or educational; it was a waste of my time to watch. Seriously, even if the thinking behind this format was to attract younger audiences, I don't see it succeeding. One thing it has accomplished certainly was alienating your very loyal viewers, whom I hope you will not lose completely. I used to be glued to the TV when Eunny was on, and it was she and her show that got me back on the knitting track. Unless Knitting Daily speaks to me again at an intelligent level, I won't be wasting my time watching it. 

Page 4 of 4 (56 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 | RSS