New host for TV?

This post has 9 Replies | 5 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 10
on Nov 15, 2013 3:09 PM

I have not been on line in awhile.... just been knitting and working, etc.... but I see mention of the new season with a new host?  What have I missed? I cannot get KDTV where I live, but from time to time I can see it when I visit my sister-in-law. I like the show. What changes are coming?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Charlotte25 wrote
on Nov 29, 2013 5:41 PM

Yes, I enjoyed Eunny Jang very much and would like to know what she is doing now as she is no longer editing any magazines.  Will Knitwear continue?  I hope so, it's my favorite of all your offerings.

Thanks, Charlotte

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Charlotte25 wrote
on Nov 29, 2013 5:41 PM

Yes, I enjoyed Eunny Jang very much and would like to know what she is doing now as she is no longer editing any magazines.  Will Knitwear continue?  I hope so, it's my favorite of all your offerings.

Thanks, Charlotte

Not Ranked
Posts 2
jbeitz wrote
on Feb 18, 2014 12:54 AM

I miss Euny. I know Vickie Howell is a very talented person but I find her voice irritating and too nasal. I have watched Knitting Daily for several years but Vickie's voice is often making me fast forward or mute.

I also don't care for the "Space to Space" segment. Less talk and more patterns and techniques please.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Charlotte25 wrote
on Feb 28, 2014 1:35 AM

I totally agree.  Please bring back Eunny.  Vickie really needs a voice coach but also the format is not helpful.  I so much liked the technique sections and demonstrations Eunny did so well.

Thanks, and yes, this is Charlotte again

Not Ranked
Posts 3
crankyoldgal wrote
on Feb 28, 2014 9:23 AM
I agree 100%!! This used to be the show I looked forward to most. Vickie's voice grates in me, the "space to space" is a waste of my time...useless info and too much talk going on now. Eunny used to teach and clarify so well. Please put the format back to a "teaching" format...
Not Ranked
Posts 1
sfe84105 wrote
on Jun 6, 2014 11:21 AM

Not sure what Eunny is up too, but wish her success in whatever she is doing.  I record Knitting Daily and sat down to catch up and lo and behold was Vicki Howell.  Vicki's previous show was the first ever knitting show that I watched.  I personally like Vicki's style and think she will do just fine.  Sadly commenting about someone's nasal tone or that their voice irrates them is bullying.  Take an example from our schools around the country.  NO MORE BULLYING.  Look what a nasal tone did for Fran Dresher...she's laughing all the way to the bank.  One point I must agree with is the Space to Space Segment of the show.  Not my favorite.  I realize that there are fantastic knitting/crocheting talents all around the world and it would be an expensive undertaking to bring these talented hand arts talents into the studio for taping.  However, I think there must be a better way to "record/tape" these sessions.  Even with my HD Smart TV that does everything but my actual knitting, the picture is usually grainy and we can't see the knit/crochet quality and there is no instruction information coming from the guest.  Yes, I miss Eunny, as much as I missed the first Darrin on Bewitched, but the show must go on.  You GO VICKI.  I'll keep watching.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
nszela wrote
on Jul 12, 2014 12:14 PM

Please bring Eunny back!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Charlotte25 wrote
on Jul 12, 2014 7:26 PM

I agree, bring Eunny back,  and comments made about Vicki Howell's unpleasant voice were not 'bullying' but intended to be constructive.  Voice production can be corrected.  Fran Drescher is typecast as the Nanny.  If she wishes to broaden her career, she too will have develop other voices.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,500
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 16, 2014 2:38 PM

Eunny has moved on to Craftsy.com. She teaches online classes there.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS