Norah gaughan pattern 'apropos'

This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 11
DianneV wrote
on Nov 21, 2013 9:08 AM

I recently completed the sweater 'apropos' from Vol 11 of Norah Gaughan.

i am putting it together and cannot figure out how to sew the front band on.

The directions do not match the picture of the sweater.

Has anyone knit this sweater and figured out how to sew it together?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 660
salmonmac wrote
on Nov 21, 2013 6:11 PM

Is this the pattern?

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/apropos-2

There doesn't seem to be very much of a front band. Can you give us some of the directions for the band and for attaching it?

Not Ranked
Posts 11
DianneV wrote
on Nov 22, 2013 11:35 AM

Yes that is the pattern.  The lace fronts are the front bands which you sew on when completed.

If you follow the instructions it does not turn out like the photo and does not hang right.

where the band appears to be shorter in the front panels, the instructions as I read them

have the free edge sewn to the bottom edge piece, which is also knit first.

My blocked pieces are the same measurements as the schematics.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 660
salmonmac wrote
on Nov 23, 2013 5:52 AM

It looks like the lace front band is seamed across the front from about the top of the lace edging at the lower edge of the jacket. It may be just seamed to the knit part of the jacket and not the lace.  It's not a complete edging fom the lower edge but, as you say, shorter. I son't think anything is sewn to that bottom lacy panel or if the front band does attach to it, it's only for a short length. I can't tell from the photo.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
DianneV wrote
on Nov 23, 2013 12:35 PM

Well, after picking up the pattern and rereading it for the at least 100th time I finally saw what I was doing wrong and

you were very close to the idea.  Thanks so much for responding, I shall get busy and undo and redo!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 660
salmonmac wrote
on Nov 23, 2013 2:12 PM

So odd when that happens--- but good. Glad you figured it out. It's a lovely sweater. Love Norah Gaughan.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS