Eunny Jang

This post has 46 Replies | 14 Followers rated by 3 users
Not Ranked
Posts 3
tonistice wrote
on Mar 23, 2014 2:20 PM

Amen sister!  I will no longer be watching Knitting Daily on Sunday afternoon.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
MissPammy wrote
on Mar 25, 2014 2:35 PM

You're right, flyingfinn.  Eunny really was sweet, gentle, and very skillful and diplomatic about the way she managed her guests.  I just watched part of Vicki's show on drape, and I found it really distracting that she kept micromanaging her guests, telling them what to do.  She had one guest move something for her, and she kept interrupting her every few minutes to tell her what to talk about or what to show us.  It's too dictatorial, and I always feel cheated that I didn't really get to see and hear what the guest herself had to offer if she would have had the freedom to say what she came to say.  With her male guests, she is always flirtatious, which I find inappropriate for this type of show.  I really like her guests a lot of times, but they don't get a chance to do much and it seems like such a waste to bring them in just so they can take orders from her.

I would like to know why it is impossible to bring Eunny back.  Nothing is impossible, unless Eunny just has zero desire to work there anymore and refuses to come back.  Even then, perhaps she could be enticed back if the issues she is unhappy about would be addressed.  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 25, 2014 6:13 PM

Salmonmac, 

Wow thank you - it was a nice surprise to know I was missed.  Washington state had a dangerous mudslide yesterday, I believe, so I am glad to hear you are on the other end of the map, in D.C.  Are you keeping warm & cozy?  Regarding the season program, did you watch it on a purchased dvd?  I now have a different laptop so I need to find downloadable program from internet - can't load/play a cd or dvd in a physical drive.  

Maybe you could answer if you have a moment.  Thanks! 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 6
jlowe74269 wrote
on Mar 29, 2014 10:42 AM

I'm not sure where to weigh in on this but....I REALLY miss Eunny.  I am now so very disappointed in the Knitting Daily show, I may never watch it again after today.  The program has gone from an intelligent, mature, informative show to something childish and dumbed down.  Unless they bring back Eunny or at least someone of her ilk...I'm done.  Thanks for letting me speak my piece.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
S. Ingalls wrote
on Mar 29, 2014 11:47 AM
I enjoy them both, each for different reasons. You may hate the change, but please don't hate the person. I am glad we still have a program at all--it could have just been canceled.
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
MissPammy wrote
on Mar 29, 2014 12:04 PM

I don't hate anybody.  I just don't enjoy Vicki or find her instructive, and her relational tactics make me cringe.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
MissPammy wrote
on Apr 7, 2014 10:24 PM

I just discovered that Craftsy.com has Eunny hosting a sock workshop starting May 1.  You can order your materials and sign up for the class for only $24.99.  The only odd thing about this is that it is billed as a "one sock" workshop.  I guess this means the yarn you get (Lorna's Laces Solemate) is only enough for one sock!  I plan to sign up and order an extra skein so I can make the other sock too, LOL.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jun 6, 2014 3:45 PM

I was surprised to see a new host and a new show format, but I stuck with it and there are positives to the new show.  I know people are often upset by change.  That's not unusual.  Some people will stay and the new host will gain some dedicated followers.  Others will leave.  It's all part of the ebb and flow.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Pam Diggins wrote
on Jul 4, 2014 1:08 AM

I agree! Vicki's segments just aren't nearly as good and some are downright boring. Wast of time to skype another knitter just to chat about nothing for a few minutes

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Pam Diggins wrote
on Jul 4, 2014 1:11 AM

Agree 100%. While Clara Parke's segments were quite boring, the rest do the show was SO excellent

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
MissPammy wrote
on Jul 4, 2014 10:03 AM

I feel the same way.  

If Eunny won't come back, I wish they would offer the position to one of their terrific guests or another well-known knitter with people skills as well as knitting skills.  They've had some really talented guests on there, and there are also others who haven't been on the show that would be good.  I like Sally Melville, for one.  She's a skilled knitter and interesting besides.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
jkratsch wrote
on Jul 27, 2014 12:13 PM

I am so happy to find that I am not alone in missing the old show and Euny!! I watched with pleasure every week and I feel like I have lost a good friend and teacher

I HATE the video chats they are pointless and teach me nothing. I feel like I am eavesdropping on a private conversation!

I do not like Vicki's manner at all - she is kind of rude... and I too miss the specific  instructions...and I miiss Euny and her manner...it was like having a friend in my home coaching and encouraging me...Vicki's habit of talking in what she seems to think is "cool and hip language is just annoying...

.I  learned a great deal from that show...I really started taking my knitting seriously - I just don't care to watch any more...all right if you argue the show needed some sort of update (I don't think so)...this is not the way to go...it is what you would call a "hot mess" I tried - but I just don't bother much anymore...do we think anyone cares what we think??

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
MissPammy wrote
on Jul 27, 2014 12:42 PM

I agree with you.  My guess is that no one cares what we think.  Vickie is back on for a new season of Knitting Daily, so we've got at least another season of this, which is already all taped.  It may be that Eunny is tired of knitting as a job and just wants to explore other things, but there are other great knitting teachers out there who could do a much more interesting and worthwhile job than Vickie.  Some of her guests are really great; why not invite one of them to do the show?  I took a Craftsy class from Sally Melville and loved her teaching style; she makes everything seem simple and is engaging and knowledgeable.  Sally or someone like her would be more entertaining to watch and a lot more helpful in terms of her teaching abilities, and she is gracious with others, does not hover like Vickie, and allows them to express themselves rather than telling them constantly what to talk about (ugh!).  I'm sure we can come up with a list of other possible teachers.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
MissPammy wrote
on Jul 27, 2014 1:00 PM

Ha, ha!  I see I already wrote about that before.  That's okay.  it's still true.  But sorry for the repeat.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
City Home wrote
on Jul 28, 2014 3:19 PM

I hate the new host and format.  I too mIss Euny, but I think there are many people who would be a better host than Vicki Howell.  I've tired to watch the show but I just can't do it anymore.  Does anyone feel like this show is "dumbed down"?  I tune in for knitting instruction, inspiration, and knowledge not to watch Vicki "chat" with Olympic skiers about how they crochet hats for their ski buddies.  Who cares?  This show is not even a shadow of its' former self.  I've deleted the DVD timer.  I won't bother any more.  I'd rather be knitting.

I hope the producers listen to their viewers.  This new format and host are terrible.  Normally I try to be positive and not say unkind things but I can't believe how bad this season is.

Page 2 of 4 (47 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS