Charty question on Terry's Pullover

This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 26
padmaK wrote
on Feb 10, 2014 8:04 PM

Hi,

I am trying to finish terry pull over for my husband for Valentines day.

I was happily knitting Until the neck. While at the neck the pattern says to work in rows. Until now it is worked in round.

The neck has the same cable on both sides right and left which is given in chart.

The charts I had worked are either worked RS with R1 facing front or in round. WS was always even row, Rs was always odd row.

This one tells me to work R1 starting  on WS.

here is my question:

Do I read the chart on the WS from left to right or right to left for R1? Is it the same for both Right and left sides.

Thanks for your help.

I am this close to finishing. I can see the end.This is frustrating me. I already pulled off 4 rows twice.

Padma

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 733
salmonmac wrote
on Feb 11, 2014 5:19 AM

Is this the sweater? http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/terrys-pullover 

Charts are set up to show you what the finished pattern will look like. Knitting back and forth, read the chart from left to right on the WS rows.

Gorgeous present for Valentine's Day!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 26
padmaK wrote
on Feb 11, 2014 7:22 AM

Thank you Salmonmac,

That is the one.

I did try that way too. But it didn't line up with the cables.

Now I will try on a swatch with just the chart, for left and right sides a whole repeat and see if comes out the way it is supposed.

I did use charts before and know how to do them.

So I am little frustrated. I have learned not to assume I know it now Big Smile Teaches me humility.

Padma

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 733
salmonmac wrote
on Feb 12, 2014 5:35 AM

Yes, knitting, like life, is a humbling experience.

Did you cast off any sts when you changed to knitting back and forth? It may be just a matter of figuring out where to start the chart and then you'll be ok (I hope). When something like this happens, I either work it out on a swatch or keep checking with the RS of the knitting to make sure that I'm working the pattern correctly. Good luck with it and let us know how it comes out.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 26
padmaK wrote
on Feb 12, 2014 7:09 PM

Thank you again,

yes, I had Cast off a few at the collar. Then go to rows. Your suggestion helped. I did just a swatch with a 2 repeats of the pattern and i could see it.

I am visual learner and basically self taught. Now I have finished 1and 1/2 pattern repeats on the sweater and am on track to finish it by Friday.

Especially as we to be snowed in tomorrow.

Padma

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 26
padmaK wrote
on Feb 15, 2014 2:52 PM

Finally finished it and it fits beautifully. Thanks salmonmac!!

Padma

Not Ranked
Posts 1
rainbow9s wrote
on Oct 28, 2014 6:55 PM

I find that after 14 sts BO, the lattice row11 for right front has not been worked . Please correct if I am wrong

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS