Addi Needles

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
bindi59 wrote
on Mar 28, 2014 10:35 AM

I'm having trouble dealing with the cables on my Addi Turbo Needles.  They continually want to coil.  I have two pairs of HiyaHiya and two pairs of Addi.  I don't have the coiling problem with the HiyaHiya needles.  Is there a solution for this?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,500
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Mar 28, 2014 6:01 PM

bindi59:

I'm having trouble dealing with the cables on my Addi Turbo Needles.  They continually want to coil.  I have two pairs of HiyaHiya and two pairs of Addi.  I don't have the coiling problem with the HiyaHiya needles.  Is there a solution for this?

I have this problem, too. What I do is put about an inch of water in a frying pan and bring it to a simmer. Put the needles in the water for a few seconds and they'll magically uncoil! Pull them out with tongs, grasp each end with a potholder and pull the needle taut. Then run the entire thing under cold water from the tap, continuing to hold the needle taut. Works every time.

If you have a steamer, you can also steam the cable and it'll uncoil.

Please note, the frying pan solution only works with metal needles. Use the steamer method with wooden tips, or just dunk the cable portion in the pan, being careful not to dip the wooden needles in the hot water.

Hope this helps!

Kathleen

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS