The Official Kayleen Pullover Knit-Along Forum

This post has 826 Replies | 84 Followers rated by 12 users
Not Ranked
Posts 12
on May 19, 2014 2:44 PM

Hi Teri,

In Beaverton  (wish I could have picked it up in person and see our family too) - For Yarn's Sake

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 20
sjmitch wrote
on May 19, 2014 3:04 PM

I got my yarn through the post today. I went for Louisa Harding Colline in Tiffany, which is 80% cotton and 20% alpaca.

I'm hoping to finish the socks I'm knitting by the end of next week.

SarahM  Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Terink wrote
on May 19, 2014 3:18 PM

Hi Kathleen,  Count me in also.  Love the pattern, & have Cascade Sierra (80% cotton, 20% wool) in my stash.  I can use a pattern size, but I'm also pear-shaped, so I'll be watching for your math approach to make sure I calculate correctly.  This should be lots of fun!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
vmjno wrote
on May 19, 2014 3:19 PM

Love it! I'll also have to upsize.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
laurelhorn wrote
on May 19, 2014 3:23 PM

I was planning to raid my stash this week for some cotton yarn and knit up a gauge swatch for this sweater.  How much more fun to knit along with new friends!  And what a cute sweater pattern!  I'm glad to find a good summer top with set-in sleeves, which will fit so much more flatteringly than drop shoulder sleeves.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 24
nearlynarly wrote
on May 19, 2014 3:40 PM

I'm joining in - I liked this sweater as soon as my Interweave Knits arrived.  Will need to order yarn later today - then I'll be on board!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
sjanova wrote
on May 19, 2014 3:48 PM

No, it will be 3" tighter. Negative ease is snug to the body. Like socks -- you don't want them hanging loose around your feet. Like a ribbed pullover that stretches to fit your body -- tighter in some areas than in others. This pullover is about 3" smaller than your own measurements so it fits snugly and doesn't bag. Positive ease is loose around the body -- most cardigans are looser so you can fit something under them, for example.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Knitstiknit wrote
on May 19, 2014 3:51 PM

Hmmmm....I may just have to join the fray.  Just finished a project and am about to start a different summer sweater.  Might be able to pull double duty.  Wink

Live To Knit!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 50
diamora24 wrote
on May 19, 2014 3:59 PM

I will be joining, too.  This sweater was put on my project queue as soon as I saw the pattern in my latest issue of Interweave.  I might use a cotton yarn I already have, though.  

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Mo Lewis wrote
on May 19, 2014 4:01 PM

I never buy knitting magazines or books any more, but there were so many summer tops in this issue of Knits that I got it anyhow.  And I'd love to knit along with y'all.  That's all.  I have to go to Juniper Moon Farm to pick out my yarn.

Mo (houndmom on Ravelry)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Mary Ann@12 wrote
on May 19, 2014 4:07 PM

I think the Kayleen Pullover is in the Summer 2014 issue and not the Winter!  My copy arrived last week. Love it!!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
lollymarie wrote
on May 19, 2014 4:24 PM

I love this design, and I will also need to size up to 52 or 53 - count me in!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
chrishafer wrote
on May 19, 2014 4:27 PM

I am in. I have my yarn and the pattern. When do we start?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,543
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
on May 19, 2014 4:28 PM

AbbyGG:

Well.   Ordered the yarn anyway.   Bought biscuit color.   I can always re-purpose it if it is too hard!!

I don't think it will be too hard, Abby. And with all the help available in this KAL, you'll do great!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,543
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
on May 19, 2014 4:29 PM

You don't need to sign up; just start knitting! Read through the first post from me, and go forth!

Page 5 of 56 (827 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next >  ... Last » | RSS