The Official Kayleen Pullover Knit-Along Forum

This post has 834 Replies | 85 Followers rated by 12 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
gumbiecat wrote
on May 22, 2014 4:03 PM

My Juniper Moon Farm Sabine arrived from Alpaca Direct in Idaho.  That was a fast delivery...two days from Idaho to Wisconsin.  The yarn color is #03 Country Road...a copper-brown color.  Time to get busy! Judy in SE Wisconsin  

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 50
diamora24 wrote
on May 22, 2014 4:11 PM

The cotton yarn from my stash that I had hoped to use is the wrong weight, so I ordered the Sabine in lime.  It arrived today and I love the color.  Will cast on in a few days when I complete my current project. 

Not Ranked
Posts 10
acpurl wrote
on May 22, 2014 5:05 PM

Using the crochet waste cord cast on for the hem of this sweater. So far so good. The cast on is loos enough that I don't think it will pull in or pucker when I finish the round. Will post picture of hem when 1 inch beyond. Loving the Cascade yarns Ultra Pima 100% cotton yarn that I'm using. It's actually more cranberry than the picture.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 73
Donna Close wrote
on May 22, 2014 5:30 PM

Still don't have my pattern.  If you can tell me how many to cast on /w crochet cast on, I could at least do that much.  I think my sister's size would be a 2X.

Donna

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Butterfly113 wrote
on May 22, 2014 6:37 PM

The hem after the turn is stockinette (not k1 p1) with the body of the sweater showing the purl side.  The hem is not difficult and I think it adds to the appeal.  I suggest you give it a try.  I'm not quite to that point yet.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
acpurl wrote
on May 22, 2014 6:40 PM

To Donna,

Gauge is 20 st for 4 inches. Size 6 needle

43 1/2 inch size cast on 238. 46 inch size cast on 250 stitches. Larger size you'll have to redraft it your self. I don't know what a 2X measurement would be. Hope your pattern comes soon! It's hard to wait when you have yarn needles and project and are ready to knit.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Becky1217 wrote
on May 22, 2014 6:47 PM

I cast on this afternoon with Knitpicks Stroll Sport in Duchess Heather. I measure a 36 inch bust so I'm going with the negative ease and choosing the dimensions for 34 3/4. I'm a little nervous about the hem. If anyone has any tips to make it manageable please let me know. Thanks!  Becky

Not Ranked
Posts 2
tmpbaldwin wrote
on May 22, 2014 8:38 PM

I'm in, bought the yarn today!  Can't wait to start.  But, first, must finish a prayer shawl.

Thanks.

Theresa

Not Ranked
Posts 10
katinco wrote
on May 22, 2014 10:18 PM

Ok, I did a small practice swatch of the hem.  I used the provisional crochet cast on and then followed the instructions.  I did the turn and then picked up the stitches off the crochet cast on...and it worked on my 30 stitch practice swatch.  I wanted to see if I could do this before I cast on all those stitches.  It's "fiddley" and it will take a lot of time, but you're right.  I think it will look good.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
janeclaridge wrote
on May 23, 2014 8:34 AM

Hi everyone, I've knit my swatch and I am getting 6 stitches to the inch on 4mm needles, do I go up a needle size, or knit a size smaller (I'm concerned that it will be too loose with  larger needles) thank you Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 14
emsweat wrote
on May 23, 2014 8:37 AM

Loving the hem edge. It is a slow round picking up the stitches from the cast on but so worth it. I found it easiest to pick up the cast on edge stitch with my left needle and then k2tog. Here are pictures of both the front and back side of the hem edge.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
katinco wrote
on May 23, 2014 9:06 AM

Wow, that looks great.  I will try the hem!

Not Ranked
Posts 10
acpurl wrote
on May 23, 2014 9:11 AM

For this sweater which hangs at the lower edge, you don't want the "pull in" of ribbing. (or at least I don't Big Smile )Smart design detail and I'm excited about how easy this will be to wear when finished. Thanks for posting the pictures!

Not Ranked
Posts 11
stellaps wrote
on May 23, 2014 10:53 AM

The colors I liked in Sabine were out of stock in all the places I looked, so I ordered a different yarn that would work, but not what I wanted.  Then I saw your post - was not familiar with Alpaca Direct, though I live here and must pay sales tax,- anyway I ordered the poppy and will soon begin! Thank you!

stella

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
gumbiecat wrote
on May 23, 2014 12:32 PM

You're welcome!  Poppy is a very pretty choice for your pullover!!  I just finished the hem on my pullover...phew!  Family is coming tomorrow for the holiday weekend, so I'll have to put my knitting away for a few days.  Judy in SE Wisconsin

Page 13 of 56 (835 items) « First ...  < Previous  11 12 13 14 15  Next >  ... Last » | RSS