The Official Kayleen Pullover Knit-Along Forum

This post has 826 Replies | 84 Followers rated by 12 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
nurse1957 wrote
on Aug 7, 2014 1:21 PM

I am just getting going on this KAL. Will have to read through all of the previous postings. Have my yarn and pattern. Hopefully it will look just like the picture!  

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 20
musgnung wrote
on Aug 8, 2014 5:21 PM

Here is the finished KAL . It will look wonderful on a smaller person, so a gift. If I had not decreased at all it would have fit perfectly. I believe the sizing was wrong in the cables, my gauge was off due to cables, or I really messed up somewhere. The armholes are too tight, I decided on a shell VS the sleeved top. A very interesting project, I will measure myself better next time! 

So glad for all the posts of different steps, really helped. Thanks for this Kathleen!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Marty Klein wrote
on Aug 9, 2014 11:33 AM

I already started this one, so now I'll start my first KAL with all of you.  I'm past the hem and a few inches up the body.  I'm using Cascade Ultra Pima Fine and doing the largest size with a few changes in the increases up the sides.  More later on how it goes.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 70
Donna Close wrote
on Aug 10, 2014 1:42 PM

This is beautiful!  Sorry it doesn't fit you after all that work!  Now you know how to do one for yourself!  Good luck!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Aug 11, 2014 12:34 PM

After whipping out a pair of socks for a visiting friend, I am back to plugging away on the body of the sweater. I still have two inches to go before starting the cables. I'm glad for the extension of the KAL so that I have a chance of finishing on time. I love seeing all the FOs! Hope mine looks as good in a few weeks.

Emily

Not Ranked
Posts 9
on Aug 13, 2014 4:02 PM

Margaret

Thank you for your help. I needed reassurance. I thought I was a row off and discovered I had knitted row 3 and had not marked the row on my pattern when I picked up my knitting again. I had myself confused.  Putting the project aside for a few days helped.

Now my worst problem is I have completed the front and I am pretty sure I am going to run out of yarn.

Julie

Not Ranked
Posts 1
konittajo wrote
on Aug 19, 2014 4:50 AM

I currently have 5 separate projects on my needles that I am working on.  But, I would love to knit this sweater just as soon as I can get the yarn and finish the other 5 projects.  I am making 3 lap blankets to donate to the cancer society and also working on a silk and bamboo sweater for my neice and an alpaca sweater for my grand-daughter.  I tend to knit pretty fast and get board just working one one single item at a time.  😊. I have a 48 inch bust and need to upsize the pattern (I believe).  I will try to find a color similar to faded blue jeans.  I live in Texas and we don't have much cold weather so summer and fall sweaters are ideal.  Love this pattern!!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Jo Waters wrote
on Aug 19, 2014 1:55 PM

I finished my sweater today!!!  I am so pleased with it.  All the others posted have been beautiful as well.  Has anyone else used a variegated yarn?  I wasn't sure how that would look, but I definitely like it.  I blocked it before I did the i-cord and sewed in the sleeves, but I think I need to do it again.  Is anyone else noticing that the hem is longer on one side than the other?  The stripes of my yarn make it more obvious, so I'm going to try to fix it.  I've had a lot of fun with this KAL.  Thank you everyone!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Aug 19, 2014 2:22 PM

LOVE your striped version of this sweater, Jo! It will look great with jeans especially! Every sweater you all show looks great. They are all so pretty. I have been following along but don't feel ready to knit a sweater just yet. But you all did inspire me to pick up my needles and start knitting a baby hat--royal blue for a new baby boy named Jett. Isnt that a great name! Who knows, maybe I can knit a sweater one of these days. I've learned so much with this KAL. Like, I'm not the only one who has to rip out and start over! That made me feel better;) Can't wait to see the next sweater come out of the creative chute:)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 20
musgnung wrote
on Aug 19, 2014 2:45 PM

I like the body in the variegated yarn, I really think some of the detail of the gorgeous cable is lost in the color change, the solid red at top would have been a cool single color for the cable background. But job very well done and it fits well too.

The hem difference can be reblocked out. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 70
Donna Close wrote
on Aug 20, 2014 9:05 PM

Jo, I really like your sweater!  Never gave a thought to trying a variegated yarn but I like the effect!  I'm still on the decreases going toward the bust.  I like the way it's looking, though.  Mine is in light green.  Looking forward to the more interesting part of the sweater.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Aug 20, 2014 10:09 PM

I just discovered all these great knitting how-tos on You-Tube! There is a video, no, many videos, on every stitch you can think of! Some are professionally done by the yarn companies and some are home videos. Just wanted to share this for some of you who are struggling with a technique or a stitch! Go to You Tube and put it in the search box--you might find just the tip or demo you need! It helps so much to "see" someone knitting. And you can play it over and over! 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 42
Teri Harter wrote
on Aug 21, 2014 9:38 AM

I'm so behind.  Life just got in the way.  Guest arrive next week so I'm sure I won't be done by the 1st.  I'm inches way from the cable area.  Love seeing everyone's work, and learning from all your posts. I really need to get back to this beautiful sweater.  Knit on..... !

Not Ranked
Posts 14
on Aug 26, 2014 2:41 PM

Hi Kathleen, I'm enjoying this KAL very much.  I am almost finished with the back.  I had to lengthen the armholes on the front one inch and I will lengthen the back armholes the same one inch.  On you p. 14 sizing post you mentioned that you would comment on sleeve sizing later.  Did you do that and where can I find that post? My arms are large up top so I need a larger diameter armhole.  Thanks very much.  Sherrill

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 73
on Aug 27, 2014 1:36 AM

I am not going to make the deadline but will continue working on the pattern. Got involved in some knitting challenges. I have really enjoyed seeing all the the lovely finished sweaters!

Page 52 of 56 (827 items) « First ...  < Previous  50 51 52 53 54  Next >  ... Last » | RSS