Belgravia Tee (spring 2014)

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 4
hwidlus wrote
on Aug 9, 2014 5:59 PM

I'm having trouble with the pattern.  On the front, it calls for binding off the center section of the neck then working both shoulder sides.  On the shoulders, it calls for binding off each neck edge many times.  I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to bind off each row (K and P) or only K?  My first shoulder row is P.  If I try to bind off on the first neck edge, the binding off comes out backwards

Any thoughts?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 689
salmonmac wrote
on Aug 10, 2014 5:40 AM

It depends on how the bind off instructions are worded: bind off every alt row? bind off  ever row? That said, some instructions are very difficult to interpret, no matter how you read them. Can you quote the directions just for this part?

You can only bind off at the beginning of a row. If you're on a purl row (presumably a WS row), bind off for the left shoulder at the neck edge. If you're on a RS row, bind off for the right shoulder at the neck edge.

Great looking tee!

http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/knitscene/archive/2014/07/18/the-belgravia-tee-finished-edition.aspx

Not Ranked
Posts 4
hwidlus wrote
on Aug 13, 2014 9:59 AM
Thanks so much for your reply.  the reason I was so confused is that it doesn't say which rows.  Here is the direction:
Working both sides at the same time (the two shoulders) at each neck edge BO 3 sts 3 times, then BO 2 sts 4 times.... Then work, if necessary till armhole is 7 1/2 inches
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 689
salmonmac wrote
on Aug 13, 2014 12:57 PM

OK, it looks like the lace  pattern is on a stockinette background so that the purl row would be a wrong side (WS) row. Purl across the right shoulder, drop the working yarn, pick up the yarn for the left shoulder and bind off 3sts. Work to the end of the row, turn to the right side (RS). knit across the left shoulder, drop the working yarn and pick up the right shoulder yarn. Bind off 3sts on the right shoulder and knit to the end of the row. Continue in this way to bind off until you're bound off 9 sts (3x3sts) at the neck edge of each shoulder and then continue with the bind offs of 2sts x4 at each shoulder.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS