Sandi's Lace blocking with wires

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 3
on May 6, 2009 3:31 PM

Sandi,

Your article on using wires to block a lace shawl was very informative as was the icture tutorial. 

My question is, what size blocking board do you use?  I'm in an apartment so space is at a premium. 

I've read that using checkered fabric is a good idea for blocking knitting items. However, this doesn't have the diagonal lines. But it would be super for other types of projects.

Joan

Not Ranked
Posts 2
swo99 wrote
on May 7, 2009 2:11 AM

Sandi-your tutorial on lace blocking was the clearest, most informative one I've ever read. I'm drooling over your blocking board. I've looked into purchasing one but they are incredibly expensive. I'm also wondering where I can get a more economical substiute that has the diagonal lines you mention in your tutorial? If you can suggest a way to make a blocking board with diagonal lines that doesn't require pieces of wood, a hammer and nails (I'm not the most mechanical person on earth) I'd appreciate it. Any suggestions? Thanks, Simone

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Sewshort wrote
on May 7, 2009 9:00 AM

I've never heard of blocking wires.  Where do you find them? And can you get them to block round items?   

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS